Custom Map #9000: CSM-202 KUZKINA MATI. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, November 05, 2020, 07:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9000: CSM-202 KUZKINA MATI

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Experimental CSM map. Be careful in using bomb chip! The leader of the former Soviet Union Nikita Khrushchev threatened to show everyone superbomb "KUZKIN's MOTHER". In this game player can obtain created by ScriptMaster Regallion three such crazy bombs which can be placed on Movable Tower and destroy in some area ALL (any units and even terrain!). Just move Movable Tower in proper place and send to it chip "KUZKINA MATI" - will be BOOM! :)

TrickyPlayer

Where's CSM-201?

Oh, and the level is decent. Rated it 10/10 out of habit, but there's not really much challenge after the start. You just keep progressing without even having to do anything for it until the end, where suddenly things go slow again. Some people could call it satisfying but I call that lack of interaction. Sorry for being hard on the level, but there's just too much better levels that you have created. I would probably have to rate it 7/10 if I rate 'fair'

I still look forward to the next YUMtastic CSM level.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

chwooly

Thanks for another CSM map, I really enjoy these,

I do kind of agree with Tricky about the end of the game, Flight times for bombs are just too slow. I mostly used stop bombs since they are the most useful due to how slow everything flys. This has been mentioned many times, The speed will increase for 1 map then go back to flying slower then paint drys.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Weasee

Thanks again YUM for another CSM map, and a new bomb!
I found that there was really only the three obvious places for the new bomb, it didn't really add much to the level. It would be interesting to see a level where there wasn't such an obvious use for them - much more chance for different strategies that way. Have to be careful not to cut yourself off!!

yum-forum

Thanks for comments and you are welcome!
This bomb is too powerful. If player put it near invisible core it can be destroyed and player will loss in game. That is why in this game was only 3 fix position for its.

Good lu!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Builder17

Quote from: Weasee on November 06, 2020, 01:20:24 AM
It would be interesting to see a level where there wasn't such an obvious use for them - much more chance for different strategies that way.

I'm considering about creating something similar, but it can turn void into terrain or terrain into void. (swaps them)

Not sure how to avoid making it OP tho...  :(

yum-forum

last

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: yum-forum on November 06, 2020, 05:14:58 AM
inversion (void/terrain) bomb?  ::)

Interesting (continues to put all my own emitters in space to make them more efficient)

If builder reads this: Check if a tile is occupied before switching it's terrain, or my strategies will be unstoppable.

If YUM234 reads this: hello
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Johnny Haywire

Cool map, as always! I'm not exactly sure what to think about the bomb... I see the points that others have made, and I'm less opinionated about it I suppose. The rest of the map is cool, and I like the stronger-than-average emitters, although the nullifier bombs... well, they nullify them so their strength is kinda irrelevant. But honestly, even that doesn't matter because these maps are just so stinkin' cool!!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

Fresh video from PRG:

The same video with 2X speed:

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum