Custom Map #8804: Big Emitter. By: Hypnotic22

Started by AutoPost, August 22, 2020, 03:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8804: Big Emitter

Author: Hypnotic22
Size: 220x220

Desc:
The research facility on the mountain is under attack!!! you have to protect the base, it provides valuable data, recapture the mountain and defete the BIG Emitter. Kudos to cornucanis for the script. Big map and you need a lot of units.

TrickyPlayer

What is this and how did you even beat this level. I don't see unless that thing stops emitting creeper after a while.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

hypnotic22

no worries it can be done key is in the desc " you need a lot of units" ill not say how just yet   ;)

Johnny Haywire

Well, it's been a while since this was released and it looks like a lot of people haven't figured it out (hence the sub-2 score) so I'll just give some really strong hints and see what happens.

First of all, if you can survive for 30 minutes, you likely can beat this.

Do you need a lot of units? Meh, that sounds like work doesn't it? You just need enough units to keep the creeper at bay while you build up aether & work on upgrades. You have 3 CN's, and you only need to use one for energy. See if you can use the other 2 to harvest some aether while your other CN keeps stuff firing.

When there's a ton of creeper, a singularity will turn some creeper into AC. When you use 4-5 singularities in the same spot, you'll turn a lot of creeper into bigger patches of AC. Might it be possible to create a big enough patch for a nullifier if all your upgrades are maxed? Well, I don't want to spoil the ending for you.

BTW: Once I built up enough defenses to hold off the creeper, I used the mighty "AFK" tool to build up aether while I ate lunch, watched a movie, sold some QS stock, did some yard work, and other such things.

This is a really cool challenge, Hypnotic! Your maps are often really, really challenging and are some of my favorite brain-benders. Great job is getting so many people angry & frustrated at their own ineptitude! (Full disclosure - that's sometimes me as well, and I honestly don't mind losing)

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?