Custom Map #1855: Altmitter Basics: Altmitters. By: Babadrake

Started by AutoPost, July 01, 2021, 04:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1855: Altmitter Basics: Altmitters

Author: Babadrake
Size: 120x80

heritor

I like it. Keen to see where it develops to from here.
Pro wrestler, graphic designer, video editor, programmer, cat daddy, game designer - I'm more caffeine than man.

CS Z

Kind of like CSM.  I would like to see a visual indicator for when each altmitter is ready to upgrade.  An auto-upgrade option would be nice too.

Pausing the game lets the new units be selected and turned off/disarmed.  Although that doesn't seem to do anything other than change the color of the unit.   Both the altmitters and gates are affected.  I think gates can only do that when AC is touching them.

Took me a bit to figure out that clicking a unit while paused doesn't upgrade it in the case of altmitters nor flip the gate.

Jimragnark

i ALWAYS loved altmitters and it still good
can i give a suggestion?
the higher level the emitter is more highter the packet rate?
example:on level 1 the greenar packet rate is low but as long has you upgrade the more boring is to upgrade the emitters and reaches a point that doesn't worth upgrade the emitters
thats my suggestion

goodluck
signed
Jimragnark

D0m0nik

Love your CW3 maps, this is was also fun and has translated into 3D well.

Malignantmind

Really cool concept. A way to more easily tell which ones can be upgraded would be a nice QOL addition.

thetroll527

I had to save and come back.  When I came back the gates no longer worked.

D0m0nik

You can tell when the emitters can be upgraded as they disconnect from the connectors

Babadrake

Quote from: thetroll527 on July 01, 2021, 04:12:49 PM

i coulda sworn that i fixed that- the only thing i can think of is that when you save and quit gates are all set to require anti-creep  ???

Babadrake

Quote from: thetroll527 on July 01, 2021, 04:12:49 PM

i found the problem it was really dumb, should be fixed in future maps :ARSON:

thetroll527

Play testing is often the only way to find those kind of bugs.  No biggie. 

CyberDyneSystems

Great fun!
When i played it, I saw no way to manually upgrade any the altmitters, they just did it automatically, Clicking on the units brought up no screen or anything. Did I mi9ss something? (Steam updated me when i launched the app by the way, so i should be on the latest)

Babadrake

Quote from: CyberDyneSystems on July 04, 2021, 04:22:29 PM
Great fun!
When i played it, I saw no way to manually upgrade any the altmitters, they just did it automatically, Clicking on the units brought up no screen or anything. Did I mi9ss something? (Steam updated me when i launched the app by the way, so i should be on the latest)
selecting alitmitters should connect them to towers, if they;re on your team,  are they just perma connected? because that sounds wayyy off

CS Z

Quote from: Babadrake on July 06, 2021, 05:24:03 AM
Great fun!
selecting alitmitters should connect them to towers, if they;re on your team,  are they just perma connected? because that sounds wayyy off

I think there was a misunderstanding of how upgrading works.  Simply clicking the unit once it reaches it's maximum causes it to upgrade.  But the game can't be paused for the upgrade to register.  It doesn't look like anything happens unless the player carefully watches the tooltip for the unit.  That's why a visual indicator that a unit is ready to be upgraded would be quite helpful.

Babadrake

Quote from: CS Z on July 06, 2021, 11:08:31 AM
Quote from: Babadrake on July 06, 2021, 05:24:03 AM
Great fun!

I think there was a misunderstanding of how upgrading works.  Simply clicking the unit once it reaches it's maximum causes it to upgrade.  But the game can't be paused for the upgrade to register.  It doesn't look like anything happens unless the player carefully watches the tooltip for the unit.  That's why a visual indicator that a unit is ready to be upgraded would be quite helpful.

lucky for u thats being added next altmitter! :-D