Special Ops Double Down

Started by RG, January 03, 2010, 11:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RG

Who has any good strategies for the special ops maps in Double Down mode?
I'm particularly interested in Chopraider, Gump, DTD, and Mouse Shadow

Young

The strat behind Chopper Double Down was stay confined. Used 2 drones to continous bomb back to back the center.

I'll have just one blaster at the top defending the creeps and a second one defending the righthand side later. Once I found myself in a stalemate I gathered reactors.

Young

Mouse DD Mode Strat:

Fairly easy DD. Because you start on high ground you can build up reactors and a simple tank and spank ftw.

The drop.

The Win.

Young

DTD was much more challenging.

First you immediately llift off and position yourself further away. From the initial starting point you will get over run. Get the 3 power ups for economy. The key element here is always buidling 1 reactor regardless of the situation. You have to beat the creepers to find yourself a stalemate.

As you can see here I even got overwhelmed and had to retreat however due to my reactors I found a stalemate.

Victory! (i don't know what happened to that last screenie~)

Aurzel

@that last screenie: you copy pasted over the last one, that's the top of the second screenie

Karsten75

Best and fastest way to take screenies is to use a tool. I use ScreenPrint32. Dranar (I think) posted a link to one his Dad wrote. It should be pretty good as well.

Aurzel

eh i just use print screen and paste into paint

Karsten75

Quote from: Aurzel on January 09, 2010, 06:13:16 PM
eh i just use print screen and paste into paint
If you do that, then every time you have to do the following steps:

1. PrtSc
2. In Paint, Ctrl-V (Paste)
3. Ctrl-S (Save)
4. Type a name
Back to the game.

In my way,

1. PrtSc

Then after the game is played, in the selected folder, there is a series of images. all the same size and names in a series.

But sure, everyone can do it their way.

Aurzel

ah lazyness i know you all too well