Started by AutoPost, December 22, 2013, 09:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7: Little Gliese

Author: Michionlion

Desc:
Can you find a way to triumph?

Kamineko

So... any word on what the magic trick is for this one? I can take out the close-by spore-emitter, and then the left-most creeper-emitter, but after that the guppies are all but out of juice. And even if I did have power, still no idea how I'd effectively attack the other island...

EDIT

Doh - guess who figured out the trick 2 minutes after posting this... ;D

Spoiler
Destroy the Guppies and land your Command Centre in the vacant area
[close]

TLMike

You should have just enough room to place a Command Node where the Guppies are, you know, after you use up all their ammo and they become entirely useless.

hbarudi

this map is in the alpha sector - michionlion - little gliese
to do, use guppy contents to build two nullifiers where possible, then start building shield in the power zone,
delete guppies and drop your (orbital command node) in the place where guppies were and do the map normally.

Michionlion

Yes, yes it is.  And yes, that is how you can complete said map.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Asbestos

The trick to the map is obvious, but it's so obvious that you can't think of it until someone tells you.

stewbasic

Is there a difference between this version and the one in alpha sector? In the latter I managed to win just as the first spore fired, but here I can't seem to make it.

Michionlion

No, there is not a difference, as I remember - it has been some time though.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Martin Gronsdal