Custom Map #6694: CLOUDS WAR (CW3 ANIME?). By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, October 21, 2018, 12:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6694: CLOUDS WAR (CW3 ANIME?)

Author: yum234
Size: 100x55

Desc:
KCC-07 (Kajacx Creeper Clouds game). Not easy. New feature: target for friendly anti-creeper clouds now can be not only creeper emitters but also enemy evaporators. At the end of game not necessary to destroy friendly evaporators for winning game. For me sometimes game looks like cute CW3 ANIME where in battle between 2 teams of clouds participate player! :) #ThanksToKajacx #GoodLuck

yum-forum

At first perhaps better to play easy version of this game (map 6698).
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Twi

I actually didn't find this one to be that hard. Just gotta let the anti-creeper fill up the allied evaporators and then they'll do a lot of the work for you, you know? Sure, it can get rough if enemy clouds bunch up, but on the other hand, you can really get going if you get some decent momentum.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Thimotty

yum-forum

YouTube video of KCC (Kajacx's Creeper Clouds) from BRNK:  :D

last

Doug

toolforger

"Too exponential" - the amount of creeper being generated increases with the amount of creeper already there, so you have a self-reinforcing cycle that can quickly overwhelm the player.
The same goes for AC, of course.

So once the player gets past the tipping point, it will become easier (exponentially so), and the game essentially auto-playing to completion once you're past 50% area coverage.

You can reduce the self-reinforcing nature.
E.g. by letting clouds start raining only once they start approaching their target (i.e. clouds that are far away from the front don't reinforce their own generator but do useful work - or are shot down, in the case of creeper clouds).

yum-forum

Quote from: toolforger on August 11, 2020, 09:22:19 AM
"Too exponential" - the amount of creeper being generated increases with the amount of creeper already there, so you have a self-reinforcing cycle that can quickly overwhelm the player.
The same goes for AC, of course.

So once the player gets past the tipping point, it will become easier (exponentially so), and the game essentially auto-playing to completion once you're past 50% area coverage.

You can reduce the self-reinforcing nature.
E.g. by letting clouds start raining only once they start approaching their target (i.e. clouds that are far away from the front don't reinforce their own generator but do useful work - or are shot down, in the case of creeper clouds).

Very reasonable comment. Thanks!
Problem that ScriptMaker Kajacx have no mood to continue...  :-[
last