Custom Map #8513: Messing. By: Heisenberg

Started by AutoPost, June 14, 2020, 11:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8513: Messing

Author: Heisenberg
Size: 256x256

Desc:
This map can be quick, just don't go in blind - Have fun!

Loren Pechtel

I sure don't see the shortcut on this one.

Heisenberg

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on June 15, 2020, 02:00:54 PM

It"s actually a pretty elaborate opening sequence, with almost no wiggle room.  I had to backtrack a couple of times myself to get the execution right.  The most essential part takes about 3m41sec, and then you're still missing vital tech. The whole sequence takes 8m26sec -ish.  And then you're comfortable to quickly cleanup what you deem necessary

However someone already beat the map in under the time it takes to safely open, so I'm assuming it is possible to head straight for the inhibitor somehow (many emitters start with delay, bearing in mind the designed sequence)  I would think the 3m41sec part cannot be skipped, but the highscore suggests otherwise

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Heisenberg on June 15, 2020, 04:30:59 PM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on June 15, 2020, 02:00:54 PM

It"s actually a pretty elaborate opening sequence, with almost no wiggle room.  I had to backtrack a couple of times myself to get the execution right.  The most essential part takes about 3m41sec, and then you're still missing vital tech. The whole sequence takes 8m26sec -ish.  And then you're comfortable to quickly cleanup what you deem necessary

However someone already beat the map in under the time it takes to safely open, so I'm assuming it is possible to head straight for the inhibitor somehow (many emitters start with delay, bearing in mind the designed sequence)  I would think the 3m41sec part cannot be skipped, but the highscore suggests otherwise

The emitter next to the inhibitor goes live very quickly.  At that point I see nothing but brute force.

I got the reactor, nullifier, and collector techs, then settled in in the corner by the cannon tech.  Multiple tries to collect anything more than that failed.  At that point I marched across to the totem (and relay tech), then up to the strafer, collecting the terp in passing.  At that point it became easy to stomp.