Custom Map: Least Resistance

Started by AutoPost, August 27, 2010, 09:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Least Resistance

Author: Fisherck

Desc:
Definitely my hardest map yet. It requires close to the maximum output of energy, but with limited space to do so. Follow the path of least resistance, which is the same path the Creeper follows

Fisherck

For a map like this, I think a couple tips are in order. Even if some of them seem obvious. :P
1. Build everything as space conscious as possible.
2. When trying to cap the blasters in the corner, keep the blasters as close as possible without them sustaining damage from the Creeper. The last thing you want is a blaster to blow up that is helping to keep the Creeper at bay.
3. Preplan everything you can. Before you know it, you will be out of room and need two blasters. Sure, you can destroy a couple things, but lets try to keep that to a minimum. :D
4. Lastly, starvation will be a very bad thing in this map. If any of your blasters run out of juice in the corners, the Creeper will probably take out part of your network. :o Not good.

Well, I hope this will help you beat this map. I thought about adding spores (not really), but I decided it was difficult enough. ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Fisherck

Noooo! Now I have to play this map again. ::)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

RichieRich

What a tough map.

Took me about 5 attempts to get it - boy it was depressing to see the power deplete and the network collapse.

The last time, I was so  cautious I pad power up to 30 and still facing depletion.

Thanks, enjoyed finishing it a lot ;D

Fisherck

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed it. The hardest part for me, are the emitters in the corner. You want to cap them, but with as few blasters as possible. But if you go to few, then BAM, you lose part of your network.

I still need to do this map again so I can get a higher completion time. Only problem is the lack of time I have. :P Oh well, I will get to it eventually...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

DethbyIT

LOL!
I lost track of all the re-starts and network collapses - then decided to just finish no matter long it took.

Fun map that I played off and on for two days.

Thank you for putting it together.
dbit

Fisherck

You definitely have dedication. Once I start a map, I swear an oath not to stop until I beat it. ;D Well not really, but once I decide to beat a map I will, even if I have to go back to it a couple weeks later. Look at Bored to Death.

Thanks for playing
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

DethbyIT

Forgot that I had played this one a long time ago (138:12).
I was easier - and a lot more fun - this time around.
Thanks,
dbit

Fisherck

You have beat my hardest map... twice now. Great job! 8)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps