Custom Map #2341: Pipe dream. By: Ivan Skytte Jørgensen

Started by AutoPost, July 24, 2015, 11:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2341: Pipe dream

Author: Ivan Skytte Jørgensen
Size: 128x84

Desc:
"Honey? The water isn't running. Could you check the basement?" You think you need to turn a handle somewhere but the problem is worse than you thought. Who installed this plumbing anyway?

isj4

The map is meant to be more fun and aesthetically than difficult.

The overlapping pipes were inspired by some of the "alien ship / space station" maps.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

Sorrontis

I liked it. Didn't finish it per-say. But I liked it.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ChaosMaster130

I liked it right until I had to nullify the top left emitter, which I ended up brick-walling due to the lack of forge upgrades.  :-[
So yeah, I liked the map up till then. :-\
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

isj4

One way to nullify the top-left emitter is:
Spoiler

Build a bertha. Aim it at halfway between the left edge and the emitter. That will clear the creeper for long enough to move 2-3 cannons up there and build a relay delivering energy to them.
Once that is done aim the bertha a little closer to the emitter. Within a minute that should have cleared the creeper of the two islands south-west of the emitter, and you can build an nullifier+relay there.

"What? Berthas in my basement?" you might say. Yes, the problem is worse than you thought.
[close]

I did consider keeping the forge available on the map, but that would quickly make beating the map easy. I'm still undecided if that would keep the map fun to play. Feel free to modify the map and submit a changed version.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

darzog

I hadn't considered your spoiler; without that, getting that last emitter was a beast.  The rest of the map was pretty easy, but still a lot of fun.

yum-forum

Enjoyed. Especially end of game. Really fun map!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last