Custom Map #5580: Khel's Tomb. By: Zydrate

Started by AutoPost, March 14, 2018, 03:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #5580: Khel's Tomb

Author: Zydrate
Size: 128x200

Desc:
Part 3 of Khel's legacy. Khel was a great hero that held against the creeper during his age and was one of the last bastions of hope for his race. Unfortunately, all succumb eventually. Revisit the place he finally fell against the creeper and reclaim his legacy! Another easy map. Enjoy!

Zydrate

I had fun with this one. Spores actually managed to cut off some supply a couple times for some early game troubles but I got it done. Pretty thick creeper in this one and going "uphill" against creeper still is a bit of a gameplay padder but I don't mind.

Also a smaller max then going straight up maximum size this time. I think it paid off.

D0m0nik

I really enjoyed this, enough PZs to keep things moving at a pace, great terrain, structures etc. Very nice map.

Zydrate

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 16, 2018, 03:32:48 PM
I really enjoyed this, enough PZs to keep things moving at a pace, great terrain, structures etc. Very nice map.

Thank you!
It's getting lower ratings than my second map, though.

BilboGCL

Being praised by D0m0nik (or any other regular) is more valuable than a high rating... Ignore them!
And the map is indeed fun to play!

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

cornucanis

Quote from: BilboGCL on March 16, 2018, 08:56:45 PM
Being praised by D0m0nik (or any other regular) is more valuable than a high rating... Ignore them!
And the map is indeed fun to play!

Greetings from The Shire!

I definitely rely on forum/discord feedback far more than in-game ratings when judging how successful my maps were. If someone explains their issue and why they dislike the map I'll take that as a much heavier indicator than 100 people rating 1.

D0m0nik

We all like different things from a map so no point trying to please everyone, just make what you want to see and others will appreciate it. I love detailed terrain and your maps are increible and improving with each one, please keep making them!

Zydrate

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 17, 2018, 04:25:11 AM
We all like different things from a map so no point trying to please everyone, just make what you want to see and others will appreciate it. I love detailed terrain and your maps are increible and improving with each one, please keep making them!

Eeee! So nice T_T
I don't have a fourth in progress right now, as inspiration has run dry. I'm thinking of making something similar to Copper_4 but on a larger scale. So that's floating around in my head but I haven't gotten around to it.