Custom Map: UWII-10-Finest Hour

Started by AutoPost, April 19, 2010, 05:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: UWII-10-Finest Hour

Author: ThePhantom

Desc:
This is it. It's all in. There's no turning back. Will the war finally end, or will all their efforts be in vain.

Units: Deciple, Oxide, Butcher, Goldwing, RC

Characters: Cody, Ian, Jackson, Alen, Zeroth, The Great One

RealAndy

Slowed down my computer majorly for most of it.  Got to the totems and were completely confused on how to connect them, so left it overnight.  When I woke up this morning I realised how it could be done.

Then thought "Wow, you are one sick, twisted, evil...... genius".  6 out of 5 for the ending, it absolutely blew me away.  Didn't really follow the story but I could see how the ending would fit in.  Have still yet to finish it, can see it may take some time.

Congratulations, an amazing map, although 'expert only' may be more appropriate, can't imagine many players looking for a medium map would have the patience.

Andy

ThePhantom

Thanks man. :) I thought with the twist in it it would make it medium but when you put it that way idk
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

JOstrach

I liked the map, but I did not like having to wait for the emitters to quit before I could advance. Is there another way? How did the guy with the 45 min. time do it? Just curious. Finished it at 63 min. don't know how you could do it faster.

ThePhantom

you float it after building two relays and try to keep OC centered as much as you can (and build relays inside the area
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

Xenomrph

Quote from: ThePhantom on April 25, 2010, 12:44:19 PM
you float it after building two relays and try to keep OC centered as much as you can (and build relays inside the area
I'm confused, what does this mean?

ThePhantom

by building relays inside where the totems are and putting relays next to the craz walls then floating OC between the two outside and two inside you can float a victory
~Phantom

fridge

ok, here how I made it:

(click to show/hide)
a
First take odin and fly in front of the big creeper, take one sam with you. Our aim is the Thor ! Yes it works ! Sit down with odin, bridge with the sam, so sam and odin have contact and make one collector in front of the thor.

Got that. Then collect artifacts, then go to the center again, sit down, make some green barrels for ernergy (300) and than bridge with sam to start the totems   Crazy, uhh ?