Custom Map #4136: desecrated. By: TRICOMMANDER

Started by AutoPost, December 23, 2016, 01:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4136: desecrated

Author: TRICOMMANDER
Size: 256x256

Desc:
a VERY abnoxious map to beat where the randomly apearing creeper is even more abnoxious

Johnny Haywire

Pretty brutal map in a lot of ways. This is one of those maps that, when you finish, you'll be saying things such as "uh-HUH!" and "BOO-yeah" and the like. If you land in the obvious spot there's really no need to pause or save unless you just want a really good time. And judging by the nonchalant pace at which I played I'd imagine someone could conceivably do this in 20 minutes or less.

Tricommander, are all the creeper puddles really random? I noticed two that kept popping up in the same place (the one near the 50/.5 emitter located in the space in the middle of the NW island)

Good work on the map!

PS - If anyone really is having trouble finishing this just ask in the forum... someone will help ya out.  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

Yeah, not so sure about the random thing, I thought there was a pattern. The pools are also connected to a core on the NW emitter, once nulified they stop.

I love a map with a bit of random(ish) destruction, keeps you on your toes but won't be for all.

Spoiler
You can collect the far CN straight away to allow for gather aether which speeds things up a lot!
[close]

TRICOMMANDER

yeah i made it so crazy because i noticed how in every map once you claimed an area with the proper defenses you could basically go afk and nothing would change...
currently making insane maps..., or playing some crazy game

TRICOMMANDER

and im also working on maps just as insane as this one
(but the most painstaking part of making maps like this is that you don't even know if its actually possible to beat)
(i actually placed the emmiters in the nw region too far from land and i had to restart the mission)

D0m0nik

If you want to make an insane map you can actually upload it to a forum post for us to test. I would be happy to test one for you and give you feedback on difficulty and game play.

It may be possible for one of us to help you beat it with save files etc and you then upload it, not sure but plenty of people here who can help you release an insane difficulty level! I would love to see it as there are not enough of them in my opinion. There is a post somewhere of the most difficult maps ever in CW3 based on download to scores posted but I can't find it. You can view maps by rating and then reverse to see some of the hardest maps for inspiration. Warren, J, Sorrontis, Pastor Healer all feature a lot!

TRICOMMANDER

ok
i have quite a few
although it might take me awhile to get them uploaded
but one i really want to get through is a very interesting maze-like map

Johnny Haywire

Hmmm... that'd be a cool idea! I look forward to you new map(s)!  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

TRICOMMANDER

GoodMorning

The "Custom map discussion" board is a good place to start.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.