Spelling errors

Started by iycgtptyarvg, February 03, 2017, 03:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iycgtptyarvg

I just installed this game and within 10 minutes I already found a spelling error.
In the tutorial mission it says 'terrabit' instead of terabit.

I can't believe I'm the only one who notices (and gets annoyed) by spelling errors in games.
How hard is it to use a spelling checker?

Sorrontis

Maybe he meant bit's from earth  :P

And don't be annoyed at spelling mistakes, it happens to the best of us.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Karsten75

Quote from: iycgtptyarvg on February 03, 2017, 03:41:50 PM
I just installed this game and within 10 minutes I already found a spelling error.
In the tutorial mission it says 'terrabit' instead of terabit.

I can't believe I'm the only one who notices (and gets annoyed) by spelling errors in games.
How hard is it to use a spelling checker?

On a point of order, the topic title says "errors" - you then highlight one error in particular. Are there other errors or were you exaggerating the number of errors?

As for the error you found, I suggest you learn to live with it - it's highly unlikely to get fixed.  Sorry for your pain. Every time I pass that mission, I will think a kindly thought for the agony it must be causing you. 

GoodMorning

Around release, there was a dedicated thread for typos.

I assumed this one to be intentional.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

iycgtptyarvg

I did notice there was another thread when I searched. Have ALL the typos been fixed except this one? That is amazing.

GoodMorning

Quote from: iycgtptyarvg on February 04, 2017, 04:23:17 PM
Have ALL the typos been fixed except this one?

We would all like to think so.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

strigvir

Speaking of spelling errors, can the spell checker be added to the map editor? Some briefings in the map exchange are just pain to read.

Sorrontis

Quote from: strigvir on February 04, 2017, 09:40:15 PM
Speaking of spelling errors, can the spell checker be added to the map editor? Some briefings in the map exchange are just pain to read.

Ha! Probably not. I don't think V wants that "challenge" on his hands!

I support the type-it-in-word-first method.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."