Custom Map #286: The End. By: BlueStar

Started by AutoPost, November 04, 2016, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #286: The End

Author: BlueStar
Size: 500x500

Desc:
Your last line of defence. Will you meet the same fate as those before you? Or will you rise above and defeat the particulate?

TLFP

At the start it looked like a decent challenge. Except for one problem. I can't play it because of LAG.
Good map, just try to reduce lag to where it is playable.  :D
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

ChaosMaster130

It was a OK map IMO.
Really plain though, never felt challenged at any point as I slowly cleared the map.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

BlueStar

I'll see what I can do about reducing the lag, though there is only so much i can do on a large map. Additionally I will be adjusting parts of the map to hopefully increase the difficulty.

GoodMorning

There comes a point in map size where the end must be no more challenging to the beginning. This map is far past that point.

As a side note, squishy dreadnoughts are irritating. A lost module or two is worth it for a layer of armour, and a sufficently large ship feels silly without so much as a shield. The "enough guns for pushback" theory has merit, provided that the assault does not take place over land (where weapons cannot fire).

Else, good map. But 1/4 the size and with higher-health particles would be better, for my notional money.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.