FUNNY EFFECT

Started by yum-forum, October 16, 2016, 11:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yum-forum

I tested new my map "COOL OMNI WAR" in editor and found very funny effect. I named it "vacuum cleaner effect". 

I placed my new ship "FastBOMB" in some point and all particles came and came to this point (first file)!
Then I moved this "FastBOMB" to another point and movement was very slow but together with cloud of particles. Then I moved this cloud to one more point and again all cloud of particles slowly moved there. It was possible "bring" this funny cloud to any place! And on the way this cloud collected more and more surrounding particles! And this funny cloud was exploded only when I came very close to enemy and Doppel Spawner attacked it (last file).

So funny effect!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

GoodMorning

Your hypothesis about the destruction is false. The effect you see occurs when a ship bridge is built and moved, but the underlying hull remains unconstructed, usually in a critically low power situation. At this point, the particles will target the bridge, but cannot hit it as no hull has been constructed yet.

When it is brought into mine range, it gets the power it requires to finish a hull segment under the bridge. This is immediately destroyed by particles, and the bridge explodes.

This is likely to be fixed soon enough, if not already. Are you running the most recent build?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

yum-forum

It was not bug complain. Only feedback about unusual and funny phenomenon.

Thank You for explanation.  :)
last

knucracker

Yeah, this isn't supposed to happen (and won't in the next build).  When a command module finished building it creates a hull section underneath itself.  But, I wasn't hooking that hull section up to the CM properly.  So when that initial hull section got destroyed, the CM didn't care and you would end up with a ghost CM like that.

yum-forum

Thank You for explanation!

As I explained before without detailed information about setting and function in PF (fantastic game!) I study it via creating maps in editor. And as in Science (I am a scientist) who make many experiments has high probability to be lucky and discover some unusual phenomena. I was very excited and enjoyed!  :)
last

Builder17

So that's like grabber module , but it can take enemy particles and go away from fight area with these?

Might be possible to do in PRPL if needed to recreate that situation.  ???

yum-forum

Quote from: Builder17 on October 17, 2016, 01:21:51 PM
So that's like grabber module , but it can take enemy particles and go away from fight area with these?

Might be possible to do in PRPL if needed to recreate that situation.  ???

When I played finalized map to my big surprise I was able to reproduce the effect. Firstly I put the particles together in the cloud (photo-1) and then moved the cloud to right, freeing up space for the pass of my fleet (photo-2). Was wery funny and useful.
last