Not bugs as such..,

Started by peter, September 17, 2016, 12:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter

A couple of things that I noticed, not that they are bad, just offish.

1. In the Story section, the first story does not have pause on at the start, as every other map does have.  So new players will probably not notice that pause option till map 2.

2. The achievements include one for the "Prologue" but is not awarded after watching the Prologue, which is all that can be done at the moment.

3. Would it be possible for the save game script to use the map name as a default starter. (Not important, just I forget to type it in when saving!)

On a totally different path, I did laugh at my stupidity in wondering why more than one future story map was named "Todo"!

knucracker

For #3 do you mean when you are playing a game and want to save it, you want a default value filled in? 
As for the map name, save games are per mission.  So if you create a save and call it "1", then you can play another mission and call it "1" as well.  They will be separate files. 

I could maybe make it so that if you click the save button and you haven't filled anything in for the save file name, it could create a save where the name is "Save", or even used "QuickSave", which is what gets created if you press ctrl-c while playing.

peter

Quote from: virgilw on September 17, 2016, 01:10:07 PM
For #3 do you mean when you are playing a game and want to save it, you want a default value filled in? 
As for the map name, save games are per mission.  So if you create a save and call it "1", then you can play another mission and call it "1" as well.  They will be separate files. 

I could maybe make it so that if you click the save button and you haven't filled anything in for the save file name, it could create a save where the name is "Save", or even used "QuickSave", which is what gets created if you press ctrl-c while playing.

A default value would  be handy, I suggested the map name mostly because it is what I thought it would be.  I am just bad at remembering to write anything when saving. (Old and senile)

mthw2vc

I just had the (brilliant) experience of trying to figure out how to bring in the Corporate HQ for several minutes to get through the first missions. Turns out that my adjusting the window size to 800x600 (suggested by the graphics menu!) with the default UI scale cut off the inventory on the left in just the right place for me to not immediately notice something was horribly wrong! Not a terribly hard issue to get around, but it's very possible I won't be the only player to get stumped by this one.

Karsten75

Quote from: mthw2vc on September 18, 2016, 01:30:09 PM
I just had the (brilliant) experience of trying to figure out how to bring in the Corporate HQ for several minutes to get through the first missions. Turns out that my adjusting the window size to 800x600 (suggested by the graphics menu!) with the default UI scale cut off the inventory on the left in just the right place for me to not immediately notice something was horribly wrong! Not a terribly hard issue to get around, but it's very possible I won't be the only player to get stumped by this one.

I've highlighted this for Virgil's attention.

knucracker

You must run on a 1024 width screen or less.  Looks like in that case I defaulted the window resolution to 800x600.  It should have been <, not <=1024 in the code. 
The minimum tested resolution for the game is 720 vertical.  Less than that you are correct that you have to scale the UI down to see it all.

I've made it so any 1024 width display or less gets a starting window of 1024x720.  If that won't fit, at least it will be as large as the display supports.