New enemy idea

Started by Builder17, May 24, 2016, 12:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Builder17

How about CRPL enemy what is like creeper but destroys both creeper and AC?  8)

And in places with this enemy in uses always visible crpl popup to tell how much creeper like enemy there is.   :-\

Sounds good?  ???

Nicant

I was going to do that before, but did not because it was to hard.
CW4 hype!!

milkev

That seems like it would need a crpl core on each spot that its on, witch would create alot of lag if its a liquid like creeper and AC

GoodMorning

It could be done ... replicating core game mechanics again ... new Creeper type ... but it would be hard. Specifically, what to do when C/AC/NewC meet?

C/AC work by one being the negative of the other. Adding a third side will become slow fast as you calculate. Also, weapons won't target it.

That said, it could be fun. Feel free to do it, but I agree with someone who builds a CForge.

One Core could do it.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Builder17

I was at least thinking using digi under each coordinates with this enemy , like sleeper does.  8)

I though it could remove Creeper/ AC in same way these remove each other.  :-\

And that it would move only when it has 2 or more full units of newcreeper , ex if coordinates with newcreeper emitter have 1 , coords next to it have none , if emitter coords have 2 , nearby coords have 1. Understood?  ???

And yeah , this can be hard to do.

GoodMorning

It might be possible, then, either with a single Core for the map (giant lists?) or a Core per tile, which would need to inspect immediate neighbours. I don't know which would be faster.

Using Digi reduces the notional height of the terrain, so Creeper would flow under your NewCreep more readily.

It could be interesting to use 3x3 NC cells, or even 9x9. (Or a combination?) This would also be faster. You would need to adjust the map coordinates.

First I would try a script to make the Creeper work in 3x3 cells. Maybe you could use a section on the side of the map, using C/AC to simulate the NC/C and NC/AC interactions.

Side note:
One thing I thought of a while ago was what CW3 PvP might look like, and this was similar. It would have to play as the Sleeper does, with Flip Emitters or Ore all over the place, as weapons would be OP against the levels of Creeper from the current setup. Digi could be strange to work. It might be good for claiming territory, if it required your Creep, rather than another person's, to grow. But I suppose that a native Linux CW3 (i.e. CW3 in the position of OS, not application) will probably happen faster. Co-op might work more like the normal game, but what CRPL could do there... (Although I doubt we often scratch the surface of it's potential even now.)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.