Custom Map #3044: creeper sleeper. By: creeper destroyer

Started by AutoPost, January 16, 2016, 09:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3044: creeper sleeper

Author: creeper destroyer
Size: 256x256

Desc:
this was quick, i know. but i LITTERALY uploaded them side by side. as in the last map, the chat is important. also, if you don't know how i did it in less than two minutes, lag was on my side again. and i won't spoil the second part for you, but i'll give a hint. power, coding structure, add-on, and middle sleeper. bye!

TLFP

Guess how I got my 4+ time.
Spoiler
Flood any sleeper with AC! The lag helps too!
[close]
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

Johnny Haywire

I'm not really sure what you intended this map to be. The explosions of the 5 Sleeper nodes took just about as long as the process of shooting them took. If you just wanted people to read the chat and see the Sleepers explode, you could have left out the Creeper and Anti-Creeper emitters that produced more lag than creeper.

The chat was kinda interesting. After the dialogue had concluded I was looking forward to a "really strong mothership" or something but as soon as I hit the sleepers with the berthas, they all just died. No strong enemy to fight, not even an ending dialogue. It's like picking up a book with a really cool looking title page & intro and finding "The End" on page 2.

So I'm guessing maybe this map was just a mistake and the other map is what you intended? Hope so!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

creeper destroyer

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 16, 2016, 10:10:15 PM
I'm not really sure what you intended this map to be. The explosions of the 5 Sleeper nodes took just about as long as the process of shooting them took. If you just wanted people to read the chat and see the Sleepers explode, you could have left out the Creeper and Anti-Creeper emitters that produced more lag than creeper.

The chat was kinda interesting. After the dialogue had concluded I was looking forward to a "really strong mothership" or something but as soon as I hit the sleepers with the berthas, they all just died. No strong enemy to fight, not even an ending dialogue. It's like picking up a book with a really cool looking title page & intro and finding "The End" on page 2.

So I'm guessing maybe this map was just a mistake and the other map is what you intended? Hope so!  ;D
i did'nt mean it to be harder, i made it so this is NOT the end of this world. next, it will be litteraly so crowded that some sleepers can't move. then we move on to the next world. did'nt you read the desc? the chat? also, i am new to making maps.
p.s.: i like books, so don't disrespect them. that's like disrespecting me.
CW4 is gonna work like trash on my computer.

Johnny Haywire

I was not disrespecting books, I was using an analogy. If you saw a book that looked like it would be really great, but inside the book was nothing but the words "The End", you would be disappointed.

And there's no logical link between disrespecting books and disrespecting another person. I've read some pretty pathetic books that I have very little respect for, but that doesn't mean I disrespect a person who loves books. I love this game, but a person who thinks the game is stupid isn't necessarily disrespecting me... people just have different tastes.

As far as wording goes, the dialogue of your map was pretty interesting, and I like the way the storyline seems to be going. However, it might help if you can ask a friend who is fluent in English to help you with the translation. I'm not sure exactly what you were trying to say in some parts of your description (Like, "there might be confusion about how I did it that quickly"). At first I thought you meant you beat the map quickly but then I realized that couldn't have been it. So I dunno.

I'm sure the more you work at making maps the better you will get... keep it up!  :D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

creeper destroyer

true, it makes no sense, until you consider i got into trouble for reading. yeah, that's how much i like books.

yes, that IS what i meant, what i said, but, granted, it was a little easy. by a lot.

and i'm sure, too! :)
CW4 is gonna work like trash on my computer.