Custom Map #3029: Outpatient Surgery. By: King Louis XIV

Started by AutoPost, January 12, 2016, 09:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3029: Outpatient Surgery

Author: King Louis XIV
Size: 256x64

Desc:
A long battle awaits you. With spores from both sides, establish a quick defense against the Creeper seeping through your shattered walls and the tendrils crawling in from behind. Terps will be your best friend navigating the broken and uneven terrain of your base and the hills beyond. Claim your reward from the rear strike platforms and assault the Inhibitor at its core!

D0m0nik

Loved this, really great map, great terrain, pitted but not so much that you can't put collectors down. Nice to have a map with a big daddy emitter that can't be taken down early. Good battle.

Spoiler
I didn't terp much at all, although the partly finished retaining wall is great for those who wish to establish a solid base. I used all 6 PZs that you free up on the left for reactors and then had more power than I needed.
[close]

KingLouisXIV

Quote from: D0m0nik on January 13, 2016, 05:02:49 AM
Loved this, really great map, great terrain, pitted but not so much that you can't put collectors down. Nice to have a map with a big daddy emitter that can't be taken down early. Good battle.

Spoiler
I didn't terp much at all, although the partly finished retaining wall is great for those who wish to establish a solid base. I used all 6 PZs that you free up on the left for reactors and then had more power than I needed.
[close]

Wow! Thank you!

I gotta say, this is my first map I made and I didn't expect any decent ratings, many plays or even a comment here (after I discovered yes, there is a thread generated for each submitted map... WAIT, FORUMS?) on the forums.

Spoiler
The platforms to the rear ended up being specifically for reactors; The emitters to the east got tweaked up so strong, I figured they'd be necessary. I got lame, terp'd platforms forward and used the three mainland emitters for Berthas. Great to see people getting scores so much better than my lousy 52 minutes, though. I need a lot more practice for this game.  ::)
[close]

D0m0nik

I avoid terping early on as it is a massive energy drain and slows things down.

Spoiler
I built 5 berthas on the way to taking out the first east emitters and then added 3 on the PZs also
[close]

Are you planning any more maps? Love to see some more, I really like the look and feel of this one.

KingLouisXIV

I wasn't planning any more at the moment, but it looks like I'll have to get on it now.