Custom Map #3036: I'm a Fan of the Deep Creep. By: King Louis XIV

Started by AutoPost, January 14, 2016, 04:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3036: I'm a Fan of the Deep Creep

Author: King Louis XIV
Size: 198x198

Desc:
Upon a world of forgotten, frozen metal and ruins, face the Creeper from all sides as it crawls from beneath the earth and erupts to destroy you. Not only that, but a corrupted vessel has docked beside this fragment of moon, pulsing in and out, as if it were alive... Ignore the threats of this ship at your own peril, and erase the Creeper from the depths of this world!

pastor.healer

Jerdog

That was a cool map.  Nice terrain.  You have to terp a little but not enough to slow you down.

D0m0nik

Thanks for making another map, another great game. Love the pulse, adds to the alien feel!

I ran the game again at 4 speed to see if anything happens when the digitalis gets to the center of the ship as it just didn't seem to be doing much. Sure enough it gets there at about 15 mins and things get very interesting! The only issue with this is that I cut the digitalis off at the end of the bridge within about a minute or so as I suspect players like PH and Jerdog will also have done. I suspect that most reasonable players will stop the digitalis reaching as far as the ship so most will never fully see the ship do anything.

Would have been nice to have an emitter connected a bit closer. It would be nice if cutting the digitalis was possible but still a solid challenge.

Still an excellent map, thoroughly enjoyed it  :D

Jerdog

I agree with D0m.  It could have been a bigger challenge if you couldn't cut off the digitalis so easily.

KingLouisXIV

Thank you for the comments and criticism, guys!

I did think about the Digitalis thing; Way too easy, but meant to be a pitfall for the inattentive. I'm getting a feel for the audience now though, and most of you seem to be pretty damn good at this game. I may put out a re-released version at some point, or install the same scripts into a different map.

D0m0nik

One tip from me is don't worry too much about pleasing any of us. We will all give feedback and as a map maker it is useful to receive but never take it too seriously.

The best thing to do is make maps exactly how you want them and enjoy them and some will love them too and some won't. If you make hard maps people moan, if you make easy maps ditto!

Just have fun and we will enjoy them and fully appreciate your efforts!  :D