Custom Map #2859: Hell Rocks - The Lost City. By: JoaoPistori

Started by AutoPost, December 06, 2015, 09:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2859: Hell Rocks - The Lost City

Author: JoaoPistori
Size: 256x256

Desc:
#CRPL and new units #Custom textures #Sleeper #Medium/hard difficult The next map from "Hell Rocks" serie. After destroying that sleeper node and dominating part of the planet, Lia and Abraxis found a destroyed lost city, and an even more evolved sleeper node. It is recommended for skilled players. New players may find it a lot hard, since you have to run to defend the tech pods. I'll soon release "Hell Rocks - The City Attack", it is the same terrain but instead of being a sleeper mode, is a pac mode.

JoaoPistori

Sorry again, AC colors is almost equal Creeper color (like in "Hell Rocks" map). Go to options and change it to white.
I had not fixed it because when I noticed the bug, I was almost finishing this map, but the next one is sure to be fixed. I also didn't notice it because I changed creeper colors by myself too.

RealAndy

Another thing to fix the colour is just to save, then load, goes back to default colours.

RrR

There is something about this map that is making CW3 crash. It has now crashed twice on this map, and zero times on all other maps combined. I haven't worked out a pattern yet.

Otherwise, this is a great map. Many sleeper maps are easy because you can dominate the map in the early game. Here you cannot, and so the sleeper weapons become very tough to destroy, numerous, and have enormous ranges. But the tide was turning in my favour.

Save early, save often.

RrR

Finished.

Strangely, when the sleeper died, two shields that were at the other side of the map got destroyed.

D0m0nik

This is the hardest Sleeper map yet, I don't normally like them (Sleepers) much but enjoyed your recent maps a lot. The extended range and durability of units made it really challenging and the corrupted spores are a killer, had to restart twice until i could get the hang of controlling things with the strafers. Unit limits were also good, I would have loved more than 6 strafers! Power was perfectly balanced, just enough but not limitless. Great map  :)

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I really liked the ideas you had in this map. Making Sleepers actually challenging is a difficult task it seems - good work on that! I was hoping the "tech pods" were some kind of crpl or something neat like that. Thanks for the map!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?