Custom Map #2998: Island Hopping >>RE-REMASTERED<<. By: GameGibu

Started by AutoPost, January 03, 2016, 09:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2998: Island Hopping >>RE-REMASTERED<<

Author: GameGibu
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Original Author: Menashem A reworked version of Menashem's recent map "Island Hopping". This time there's no backdoor. I'm really aorry about doing that last time.:'( If you recreate this map,credit the original author, who did a great job too.;D Enjoy the upgraded terrain! -GameGibu Changes: Terrain, Digitalis, one new emitter, a little bit of new land. #digitalis #GameGibu #remastered #norunners #spores #legit #vanilla

Johnny Haywire

Hey, sorry for the "cheating" time - just wanted to see if I could beat Alter's time. I'll try to do it normally and see if I can get under 7 minutes.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Builder17

Problem is that you cannot change cheated time into longer non cheated , I think.

GameGibu

This is a re-upload with a legitimate time, and the backdoor infrastructure is entirely gone. I permanently deleted Backdoor.crpl if that makes you any more comfortable.

Respectfully yours,
-GameGibu
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

Johnny Haywire

Hate that it won't let you post a longer time... I did 3:06.5 without Cheat Engine but when I went to post the time it just posted my faster time instead. So it makes it look like I'm a spammer... >:(

Alter Old

Video.
Maps of this type, where randomly appears or consciously left the "backdoor", often require much more attention than the "linear" maps. Many thanks to authors.
As usual, forgive for my English.

Johnny Haywire

QuoteAlter Old

Wow. Just... totally, unequivocally,  without a doubt and every other relevant adjective, adverb, and high-fiber modified protein... wow.

Hey, Alt... (can I call you "Alt" for short?) - All I have to say is...

Thanks for the video! You have some amazing strategic skill! How do you get it to auto-pause like that? I notice on the video it's always saying "pause" yet the game is continuing to move, yet very slowly. That's so cool. Is that a mod or macro or something? I love it!  :D

D0m0nik

Incredible, loved the video and music, a cinematic treat. It has suspense, tragedy (you lost a collector at 1.04, I nearly fell off my chair) and ultimately victory!

Thank you for sharing.  :D

Johnny - when you pause you can use he N key to move frame by frame. Essential for saving micro seconds!

Johnny Haywire

Ah, thanks Dom, didn't know that! And you sorta da man too, just not quite as much da man as Alt. Hope that's ok  ;)

GameGibu

Yes, what D0m0nik said. Personally I witched it to "." because the last game I picked up and put down in a week was Dwarf Fortress, which lets you step frame by frame with the same key. I probably would forget to use it otherwise. ;)

Check this out:

Mind you, all of them are on autotarget...

And here's a map where I went nuts with the berthas and reactors:

Such many overkill, although that's actually this game:

T'was such a fun, yet mind-numbingly short game.

This look into video game history provided by GameGibu.
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆