How do you guys draw perfect circles?

Started by thumbmaster, January 17, 2016, 11:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thumbmaster

We see some maps that include perfectly circular terrain elements. How do you guys do that?
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

Karsten75

Math. Virgil, I know, wrote a CRPL piece of code that creates circular terrain. After he created the terrain, he deletes the core off the map. :)

J

The script is still there on the Mistet story map (and in my map circular attraction).

thumbmaster

Thanks, guys! I knew there's got to be a simpler way.  And, yes, math! But all the math in the world doesn't help my mousing skills. I can make a perfect circle with a couple of bezier curves but not with pixel brushes.

thumbmaster

Ok, I'm an idiot. So I pulled the script from Mistet and attached it to a CRPL core. I selected it in the core properties but I can't enter any values. I took a peek into the script and I'm not sure what I need to do with it. Here's what I've tried so far: place the core on flat terrain; place it in void; place it on a tiny piece of land surrounded by void. None of this produced anything. What am I doing wrong?  :-\

TLFP

Quote from: thumbmaster on January 17, 2016, 12:21:22 PM
Ok, I'm an idiot. So I pulled the script from Mistet and attached it to a CRPL core. I selected it in the core properties but I can't enter any values. I took a peek into the script and I'm not sure what I need to do with it. Here's what I've tried so far: place the core on flat terrain; place it in void; place it on a tiny piece of land surrounded by void. None of this produced anything. What am I doing wrong?  :-\
I used this on the wiki page, you select a level from 1-10 and the top variable selects how far it goes.
And pull it from the wiki. http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:crpltutorial:code_examples
It's close to the bottom.
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

thumbmaster

Thanks, fellows! This thing is amazing! The little dude is already working on something.  :P