Custom Map #2746: Spore Sports. By: l2edl3aron

Started by AutoPost, October 31, 2015, 05:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2746: Spore Sports

Author: l2edl3aron
Size: 84x155

Desc:
The most annoying map. Spore death. Players with skills only!

RealAndy

Well, I thought I had skills, but don't have the patience for this.  I made a nice grid of collectors, but have been unable to really build anything else up in quantities that approach what is needed to storm either the north or south.  Everything just gets destroyed faster than I can build it, and I've very low on energy.

Even if I managed to build many reactors, by my calculation I'd need to replace 12 of them a minute just to stand still, can't see how it's possible to build up.

I'll wait and see if anybody has any good advice here though before giving up.  I seem to remember certain things can be build without attracting spores, what were they, and would they be useful here?

warren

Oh, Another red baron map! I thought you were retired. If I wasn't retired myself, I'd be racing to set the high score. Sprayers, shields, command nodes. Those don't attract spores.

Sorrontis

Quote from: warren on November 01, 2015, 07:29:05 AM
Oh, Another red baron map! I thought you were retired. If I wasn't retired myself, I'd be racing to set the high score. Sprayers, shields, command nodes. Those don't attract spores.

wait, what?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

PMouser

ye, i cant  find the hole. and my stuff get destroyed like mentioned above. ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

radd

The hole is:

Spoiler
Land a CN just north of the inhibitor. If you get some quick energy and build two cannons - I did anyways - you can clear enough creeper to build a nullifier.
[close]

warren

Johnny Haywire

Yet another inhibitor map that's just an easy exploit. As far as I can tell, the sole function of an inhibitor is to create a large Staples-brand "That Was Easy" button you can smack hard to end the game right away. Was looking forward to a challenge, and an excuse to have some snacks but... well, yanno. Didn't even get the bag open this time.  :P For those who don't see it...

Spoiler
1) You have an inhibitor that's not pumping insane amounts of creeper.
2) Gravity is pulling all the creeper south (or down)
3) You have wide open spaces to build some collectors. They build really fast. You only need maybe 6-7 at the most.
4) Oh, and cannons build almost as fast. You need two of them. Two comes right after one.
5) It's an inhibitor map. That means if you kill the inhibitor, you win (usually). Forget playing the map, just kill it. EZPZ.
6) Why is there an inhibitor? To scare you? Pphhht. Nah, it's there because you're not really supposed to play the whole map. If the intent of the map was to actually play it, there wouldn't be an undefended inhibitor begging you, "Hey, looky here! I'm an easy target! Kill meee pleeeeeze!"
7) If it takes you longer than 2 minutes, you're doing something wrong. If it takes you fewer than 3 tries, you're doing better than me - grats!  ;D
[close]
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?