Custom Map #2020: Desert Siege. By: Richard333

Started by AutoPost, April 27, 2015, 07:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2020: Desert Siege

Author: Richard333
Size: 171x171

Desc:
On a desert planet an Ticon weapons lab was found and a Sleeper Node called to defend it. Will you be able to beat this Node or fail trying? #Sleeper #CRPL Credit to Telanir for the creation of the Sleeper.

Tyler21

Cool map, I like how you combined all these different custom enemies.
I'd say that it's a level 4 difficulty Sleeper map, but it's up to Telanir to decide :)

EDIT: I have experienced a small glitch, some cores were operating while the game was paused (mostly gliders and cannon bullets).
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

Loren Pechtel

What's up with these new sleeper maps?  I was able to handle the first ones, now I'm getting overwhelmed on them.

Tyler21

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on April 27, 2015, 03:29:11 PM
What's up with these new sleeper maps?  I was able to handle the first ones, now I'm getting overwhelmed on them.

They're just getting more exciting :)

Tips if you are stuck:
Spoiler
you can collect the berthas in the beginning by using your 2nd and 3rd CNs. Then, cover any free space with collectors but don't build anything in the corrupted cannons' range, you'll still have pretty much space. Meanwhile build the forge and about 15-20 blasters and 10 beams, distribute them on the frontlines. This will keep Creeper and spores away and you can concentrate on building reactors and on upgrades. Fire range is an absolute priority and set every blaster to digi first. Build a reasonable amount of reactors and combine strafers, mortars and blasters when you want to advance. You don't really have to take out the western base, maybe the smaller top and bottom ones, simply wait until the CCN moves closer to the frontline, then you can take it out with your snipers. Use berthas to take out massive Creep collector fields within the block zone, use strafers for the rest.
[close]
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

Telanir

I had a lot of fun on this map, excellent work Richard!

Here's a picture for reference. ;)

On a side-note, check the code of the Sleeper units and you'll find Pause-correction, I found that some of your Glider units travelled across the rail even while the game was paused, they also did not damage any of my units and I could safely ignore the Gliders. :o

Otherwise, fantastic stuff, I'm adding this map to the Sleeper map collection as a level 4 difficulty. (Very nice guns by the way!)
Want to make genius CRPL? The new top map? You can start here!

Find out more about Creeper World 3 on the wiki!

CW3, The Sleeper Menace!

Own an iOS device? Check out my game Blobivers

Richard333

Quote from: Telanir on April 27, 2015, 07:42:54 PM
I had a lot of fun on this map, excellent work Richard!

On a side-note, check the code of the Sleeper units and you'll find Pause-correction, I found that some of your Glider units travelled across the rail even while the game was paused, they also did not damage any of my units and I could safely ignore the Gliders. :o

Otherwise, fantastic stuff, I'm adding this map to the Sleeper map collection as a level 4 difficulty. (Very nice guns by the way!)

Also I'd like to report something to you. While i was making the map i had the custom images I used kept getting deleted and one time had them all go poof. It seemed to have a chance of happening upon a load in the editor. Also the range detection i used for the turrets behaved weirdly when i put it as custom1_256pp with the sleeper map intro logo being in it but blacked out completely (ended up moving its range to a non-pixel perfect 256 one.).

I had used the latest template (V1.1).

Telanir

That is very strange... I'll look into that. Thanks for letting me know Richard333! :)
Want to make genius CRPL? The new top map? You can start here!

Find out more about Creeper World 3 on the wiki!

CW3, The Sleeper Menace!

Own an iOS device? Check out my game Blobivers

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Tyler21 on April 27, 2015, 03:54:02 PM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on April 27, 2015, 03:29:11 PM

They're just getting more exciting :)

Tips if you are stuck:
Spoiler
you can collect the berthas in the beginning by using your 2nd and 3rd CNs. Then, cover any free space with collectors but don't build anything in the corrupted cannons' range, you'll still have pretty much space. Meanwhile build the forge and about 15-20 blasters and 10 beams, distribute them on the frontlines. This will keep Creeper and spores away and you can concentrate on building reactors and on upgrades. Fire range is an absolute priority and set every blaster to digi first. Build a reasonable amount of reactors and combine strafers, mortars and blasters when you want to advance. You don't really have to take out the western base, maybe the smaller top and bottom ones, simply wait until the CCN moves closer to the frontline, then you can take it out with your snipers. Use berthas to take out massive Creep collector fields within the block zone, use strafers for the rest.
[close]

That's basically what I was doing--and not succeeding at.

tanminecraft2

sleeper is just too stupid to get fired by my snipers and died without needing to destroy the remaining