Custom Map #1713: Nuhage N#60. By: Nuhages

Started by AutoPost, February 06, 2015, 11:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1713: Nuhage N#60

Author: Nuhages
Size: 100x100

Desc:
Play as Creeper Map N#7 Have Fun. Feel Free To Rate and comment on Forum. Credits For PaC coding goes to stewbasic, stdout , teknotiss and Hubs. All you need for building a Pac map is on the Forum. #PAC

RrR

I expect Nuhages maps to be hard, but I must be missing  a trick here as I cannot get anywhere near the next PZ, and then AC starts to seep under the shields and progress halts.

mzimmer74

I currently have the NW and SE PZs (used the same method for both), so if that's what you are talking about here's what I did:
Spoiler

As you pointed out, the AC makes life difficult.  So, I avoided anything that would have the SC shoot into the two quadrants.  If you look closely, you'll see a little brown strip that goes around the edge.  As long as you keep the creeper in in that and not up closer to the shields you won't get the AC to come into that area.  I used that brown strip as my starting point to slowly move the digitalis forward with the field generator and then bumped it up onto the parts with the cannons and mortars.  Upon taking each one out, I made sure there was digitalis there so they wouldn't come back.  I then slowly worked my way around the outer edge of the whole thing, continually spreading digitalis and taking out cannons and mortars.  When I could, I spread digitalis down through the center of the quadrant.  Don't bother trying to get past the shields until you have the two extra PZs or the AC will overrun you.
[close]

With that said, I'm now stuck trying to make much progress in the NE or SW quadrants.  Good luck!
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

RrR

Made it.

Spoiler
The SW is softer and gets softer as the pool of AC gets used up. Spread digitalis everywhere and suddenly push creeper towards a new area to catch the mortar unaware.
[close]

Nuhages

Spoiler
AC is the enemy on this map avoid being in the sprayers range Once you got the 2 PZ push on the bomber.
Once the bomber down aim anti spore tower .
[close]
I made a dream ... was map making on CW4

Linden

Finally!! :D :D I finished it! *happy dance* :D

Great map, Nuhages - a proper challenge (for me, at least), as always. :)

Cornelius Ewald

I really like the challenge of your maps. Keep it up :-)

UrMawMah

you know Nuhages is on the case when you're measuring progress in hundredths of a unit of creeper.

hbarudi

Tough map catch the mortar unaware? no matter what I am unable to get the lower cn, enemy mortar makes my creeper die in lower terrain and can't get digitalis up to the final platform.

Jaws

Spoiler
Taking the two PZ's in the corners is a matter of avoiding the AC, true. But if you take turns with one spore tower in each corner, and cover the void to connect the PZ with the sides, you can easily build up creeper waves to attack the CN's. A little tedious, but makes taking them easier.
[close]

I seriously don't get why these maps have such low ratings. Great maps! Make me think outside the box, big time.

Portelly

Quote from: Jaws on July 10, 2015, 12:54:39 AM
Spoiler
Taking the two PZ's in the corners is a matter of avoiding the AC, true. But if you take turns with one spore tower in each corner, and cover the void to connect the PZ with the sides, you can easily build up creeper waves to attack the CN's. A little tedious, but makes taking them easier.
[close]

I seriously don't get why these maps have such low ratings. Great maps! Make me think outside the box, big time.

They're "technical maps" not "fun maps" remove one kind of weapon and you don't have to go full "spec-ops - delta commando pixel driving the creeper field"
compare with stdout #PAC map scores. They're a little less technical.

Don't get me wrong, i really like those maps but (really) to much frustration to finish them.