Custom Map #2246: Protect The Forge. By: Xalos

Started by AutoPost, June 30, 2015, 01:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2246: Protect The Forge

Author: Xalos
Size: 99x99

Desc:
This world has a Forge giving off a strange energy reading. Abraxis and Lia enter orbit to try to determine how this Forge has been altered, but then they detect Creeper structures on the surface below... Protect the Forge!

Xalos

There is an optional boss if the Forge is destroyed.  It's possible to beat, but difficult, especially if it happens during the earlier stages of the map.  Without the boss, the start and end of the map are both still fairly difficult, but with the right strategies it's possible to win quite reliably.

If anyone is able to beat the map after destroying the Forge as soon as they start, please let us see a video!

ChaosMaster130

OK its 20 minutes in and I have cleared the map.
Do I really just have to sit there and wait for stuff to fall before I can win the map?
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Xalos

Yeah, on reflection that may have been a poor choice.  You can use the 4x timewarp option to make it less tedious, but when that's a phrase that needs to be said, something in the design process has gone wrong.

PMouser

how many emitters will be dropped, i cant keep up with destroying them? ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Freakmeout85

well, thank GOD for the x4 option in the game or this would've taken FOREVER ( recalled it existed after 25ish mins of x1 play)

for those that have not figured out how to beat the optional boss:
Spoiler
wait for an emitter to drop reasonably close to the middle platform, then check if the nullifier you build on that PZ covers the forge aswell - that is the spot where the optional emitter spawns at, after you destroy the forge (you can destroy it manually from the "destroy" button you can click while having the forge selected)- build the nullifier on the PZ once the emitter spawns, make sure it's protected, the central emitter is quite powerful - 1000 AMT per 0.5 seconds
[close]

Peter R

Nice map, nice gameplay   (for 20 minutes)

I do not have the patience to play another 40 minutes the same. I'm glad I read on the forum, I'm not the only one.

Suggestion:
Change the code, that once you destroyed all emitters on the map, game over. Then it's a perfect game.  :)

Nova

Really? I have to wait to win the map? That's not good.

Oh well, I hope the end is it worth.