Re creating the CW1 reactor

Started by tornado, July 27, 2015, 02:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tornado

i noticed quite recently that the reactors in CW1 and CW3 do not match. The CW1 reactor would amplify the power generated by collectors where as a CW3 reactor simply produces the same power as 2 collectors covering the same area. Rather than change the game and break everything I wished to see if it was possible to re-introduce this function with CRPL. I figured the best place to ask around would be here. I figured someone may wish to use a similar concept in a map(i know I do) so I started this post. I'm sure someone who I'm not aware of has already tried this and if so such information would be appreciated. worst case and it isn't possible now someone may add it in the future. and seeing as those who could make such a thing cant read minds I have started this topic with knowledge that at least someone will know about it and the worst they can say is "No". Thank you for reading.
-Tornado
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

warren

I thought that cw1 reactors also produced approximately twice the power of a cw1 collector. Do you have evidence to back your theory?

As to creating an amplifier, the answer is in fact no as the parts of the energy chain that need to be modified are not accessible through crpl.

Asbestos

If you wanted a collector amplifier, you can create a reactor underneath every three or so collectors a player builds, with some math and some unit detection. It's a bit unwieldy, but it's probably the only way you can do it.

tornado

Well this came as a surprise. I checked on the wiki and apparently the best output from a collector is 0.2. I tested this and discovered it doesn't stack(you cant spawn another collector under the first one and expect it to work). so ok no big deal. when I tested a reactor however instead of the 0.4 the wiki said I would generate i got 0.3. i find this confusing. also the cn has an internal generation of 1.5. this was taken into account when I ran the math. the readings were:
1 collector totalled 1.7
1 reactor totalled 1.8
I find this really confusing.
Quote from: Asbestos on July 27, 2015, 08:01:18 PM
If you wanted a collector amplifier, you can create a reactor underneath every three or so collectors a player builds, with some math and some unit detection. It's a bit unwieldy, but it's probably the only way you can do it.
sounds like a nice idea. I don't think that the generation will be how I want it to be but thanks for the suggestion. Its close enough so I'll take that torch and run with it. also how did you know that 2 reactors per 3 collectors would be enough?

Edit one:My bad. it says that the cw1 reactors improve on the technology which lets it run in a smaller space. it doesn't improve on the collectors themselves. it just uses an extremely complicated method to have the same thing in one building.
BTW:my information comes from the internal help page inside cw1. specifically the units tab.
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.

warren

Always test using multiple units as the power reported is rounded to the nearest tenth.

tornado

Quote from: warren on July 28, 2015, 06:37:10 PM
Always test using multiple units as the power reported is rounded to the nearest tenth.
If that's the case I would have got a flat two every time. But ok. I'll try it. I can't disprove your statement until I have.