This topic is for discussion of map #3157: Never

Author: tamrin
Size: 160x160

Desc:

GameGibu

Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆

Loren Pechtel

Why so many shield keys?  I was clearing creeper and collecting several keys after blowing the inhibitor.

D0m0nik

Love it, fantastic map, looks spectacular and a good challenge throughout with a nice clean up at the end.

D0m0nik

Alter Olds time of 11 mins seemed impossible but I sort of figured it out

Spoiler
Use the freeze AOO to head south instead of North and go straight for the boss and the bertha tech. The north emitters can be defeated easily without AOO
[close]

Jerdog

The thing about Alter Old is there's never a posted score unless it crushes everyone else. 

How does he fare on all the other maps that don't have some sneaky way to get the best time?

Alter Old

Quote from: Jerdog on February 13, 2016, 10:10:52 PM
The thing about Alter Old is there's never a posted score unless it crushes everyone else. 
I'll tell you even more: there are many maps that I generally don't look, and there are plenty of maps that I begin to take place, and then throw. But all this does not cancel one elemental considerations: who or what prevents you personally place such results to be "...crushes everyone else"?

Quote from: Jerdog
How does he fare on all the other maps that don't have some sneaky way to get the best time?
And who will decide whether the path is brave or sneaky? Let me guess ... Of course, you. Criterion is simple: If the first place Alter Old, it's sneaky way, if someone else - not sneaky... may be, if you in the first place - it was the most daring and brave way of passing a map in the history of the Creeper World.

But actually for their results you have found an excuse:
Quote from: Jerdog on February 12, 2016, 10:52:49 PM
For me:  life's too short to try again.  I really don't care.
And I'm not going to challenge or trivialize your right to sneaky solve the puzzle and meaner to the end, again, and again, and again, if necessary, or other extreme case - brave skip map. And I probably would have ignored your lunge, if it were the first. However:

Quote from: radd on December 11, 2015, 08:43:11 AM
There are ways to get the creeper to move faster.
Given that Alter Old just posted a score of 2:18 I'd say thats a certainty.
Quote from: Jerdog on December 20, 2015, 05:40:59 PM
Or evidence of cheating.
Here it was the first bad smelling lunge, which I ignored. Lunge made in newspaper style: I'm not blaming anybody, but theoretically this could very well be.

I don't like your bias, but you seem to be quite a reasonable man.

Best wishes.
As usual, forgive for my English.

D0m0nik

RealAndy

Yeah, I found myself wishing for tech and/or AC earlier.  I used a lot of air power at the top for the bits that weren't no-fly-zones.  Then I think I slowly beat the connected islands before I made it to the East.  It is helpful to use collectors on PZ's, which can connect units etc. at range, unlike relays on PZ's.

Great map, a huge amount of thought must have gone into it.  I was going to have an early night but I just couldn't put down this map, fun all the way. =)