Custom Map #1819: Nano Landscape. By: Flash1255

Started by AutoPost, March 08, 2015, 05:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1819: Nano Landscape

Author: Flash1255
Size: 32x21

Desc:
Here's a map that's 75% smaller than default maps. No uprades or ore are availibe, but only one emitter is here, and you do have time to prepare. Tip: If you can get a foothold on the opposite side of the map, victory should be yours. #Jinspired #Nanoland #NoSpores #Nodigitalis Difficulty: Very Easy (1 star)

stdout

I can't get better than 1:11 and I don't see how it's possible. So you expert players, how are you doing it?

warren

Five collectors and one nullifier. Or was it four collectors and one nullifier? Or six? I tried a lot of permutations.

Edit:
Two things that can shave milliseconds and are not needed on normal maps:
Spoiler

Tight control over build order. Deactivate everything but your first build item.
Build the nullifier last as it consumes all the energy you can produce.
[close]

mzimmer74

4 collectors and a nullifier worked to get 1:07.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

thumbmaster

I only built 2 collectors and a nullifier and actually took longer.  :o
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

stdout

So you're not using relays at all?

(Edit: I see! I expected the relays were needed but that was where I went wrong. Using 4 collectors and one nullifier I got 1:07. Small maps like this one are excellent for teaching us new things and helping really get those nitty gritty details that make a difference.)

mzimmer74

Quote from: thumbmaster on March 09, 2015, 09:46:37 PM
I only built 2 collectors and a nullifier and actually took longer.  :o
Two collectors aren't enough to quickly build the nullifier without going into the red.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.