Custom Map #1678: Caldera of Chaos. By: ChaosOverlord

Started by AutoPost, January 30, 2015, 05:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1678: Caldera of Chaos

Author: ChaosOverlord
Size: 255x255

Desc:
It seems to be a normal day on planet Y, where an old caldera is locatet. Months ago was a large ore-field found there, so we began to explore it. But the creeper found us... our base is not build for fighting, but we have much ressources. Maybe our luck...? ---- A as good to be finished base, much aether, energy and ore packets, a large ore-field - and you can build up to 4 thor. Take a try and good luck ;) Chaos

Linden

I haven't finished it yet because I need to nip out, but I wanted to let you know I like it a lot so far - hefty stuff on four sides! Thanks. :)

iwishforpie2

What's a pie? I'm not a pie. I'm a pi.

ChaosOverlord

Hello, thanks for Feedback :)

but may i ask: what das "PG" means?

thanks Chaos

teknotiss

Parental Guidance ie, no swearing or adult themes.

edit, just checked it out.
i believe the words you chose to use are probably ok, but it's probably best to try fun exclamations in speech boxes to be safe.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

ChaosOverlord

ok... i'm not as good in english, but if i used some "evil" words, then not on purpose  :-[

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: ChaosOverlord on January 30, 2015, 12:03:01 PM
Hello, thanks for Feedback :)

but may i ask: what das "PG" means?

thanks Chaos

"PG" -- "Parental Guidance Suggested".  It's actually a movie rating, but it's the first level of warning that there are things that might not be appropriate for younger kids.  Only very occasional and mild profanity can be in a movie with such a rating.  Any appreciable quantity of profanity, or any strong profanity will move a movie up to PG-13.  (Parental Guidance suggested for children under 13.)

For the map:  It's a major lag-fest but I didn't find it a challenge at all.  There's enough aether to just about fully upgrade at the start, I terped a wall to level 10 around my base and put cannons on it, they were quite sufficient to hold the creeper at bay while I pushed forward to one of the outside bases.  That also freed up a bunch of power zones for berthas to support the push--it had to go slowly due to needing more power, but as I pushed I filled in behind with reactors.  Pop one hostile in a firebase, then a singularity shot will keep the creeper off that spot while you use it to kill the rest of the base.  8 more PZ berthas to support the march on the next firebase, rinse and repeat.

ChaosOverlord

ok, thanks for explanation :)

thanks too for your feedback, but: Bertha on PZ... LOL if i know it before...  :o

thoughts in my head  ;D

and yes, i gave the aether for the beginning to give the player a little chance to win, in my first playthrought it was to less, so i decidet to push it a little  :-\
in my own try, i have no energyproblems, except that my 4 thors are everytime to zero ammo.

but in the whole overlook - i am happy with the map :)

thanks for all feedback again have a nice evening
Chaos

newuploader1

Holy hot dog it  took so long to finish this one.  My computer is a beast and this one still lagged so hard.

Language, language....

Jerdog

No lag here.  I pushed to one corner and then had two pairs of Thors leapfrog in separate directions.  One would charge ahead while the other filled up.  That way I could have one with enough energy to be snipe and beam.

ChaosOverlord

ok... if i knew it a little bit earlier that a PZ-Bertha is possible... i would made the map even harder... :D

maybe it will come :D

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: ChaosOverlord on January 31, 2015, 05:05:12 PM
ok... if i knew it a little bit earlier that a PZ-Bertha is possible... i would made the map even harder... :D

You have to crack the first base without PZ berthas, if you can crack one you can crack them all.

ChaosOverlord

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on February 01, 2015, 12:12:59 PM
Quote from: ChaosOverlord on January 31, 2015, 05:05:12 PM

You have to crack the first base without PZ berthas, if you can crack one you can crack them all.

yes, this is the point, i don't know it at all and played without PZ-Bertha... maybe this is the reason why it take me so long...

now that i know it, afterward, with this knowledge, i would made the map even harder :D much more harder... so you had to have some PZ-Berthas to win... :D

can anyone tell me: if i change the map in the editor and create a new version of the old map, is the old version still online or will it overwrite the old version if i bring the new one online?
ty for feedback and the input :)

Karsten75

The start was interesting, but after that, at 10 FPS on my machine, which effectively means the game runs at 1/3rd the speed it should, I just get too bored by a fairly repetitive (tautological) procedure of wiping out the enemy pits. It's like they say on shampoo - clean, rinse, repeat. Except with shampoo you can typically stop after two repeats. :)