creating terrain from void?

Started by Mexxor, November 19, 2014, 07:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mexxor

Is there any way to create terrain from void or vice versa?
(not with my skills, with consist only of pulling scripts from others maps and modifying them a little bit ::) )
Maybe a custom Terp that can terp to 0 and from 0-10 instead of just 1-10?
Is there already a script for that? (I would like to make a map where void/terrain is created on set paths)
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin

Grayzzur

Do you want the player to be able to terp void space, or do you just want the map to do it at key points? You can't make the built-in Terps target void.

The SetTerrain CRPL command is the one you want to look at. Most of the CRPL commands are documented in the wiki, and there's a section on Terrain and Wall Commands.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Mexxor

Quote from: Grayzzur on November 19, 2014, 11:13:43 AM
Do you want the player to be able to terp void space, or do you just want the map to do it at key points? You can't make the built-in Terps target void.

The SetTerrain CRPL command is the one you want to look at. Most of the CRPL commands are documented in the wiki, and there's a section on Terrain and Wall Commands.

I want the map to slowly create a 3-cell wide path to the next base when a certain structure is nullified, for example I would make the space between to islands to big for a relay but then by nullifying a structure you would gain acces to the next island
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin

kwinse

Yeah, as the wiki warns using SetTerrain can and will lag the game, so either you create a small island (3x3 in one frame is not enough to lag the game on my computer), or you spread the creation out over multiple frames.

KingGreenYoshi

I'm not too sure how to make a script for terping it. I have an idea for making a 3x3 area though. However, I have made a script that picks a random co-ordinate and makes it void. It is in the attachments and is called DECAY.crpl
VARIABLES
delaytime - The amount of time in game ticks (30 ticks per second) between a cell becoming void.

Edit:
Well, I made a script to add a relay to the spot where the core was destroyed. You can find it in the attachments as RELAY.crpl. The option in the CRPLCORE "Create Power Zone" can be very useful with this script.

HASHTAGS ARE OVERRATED!!!
QuoteThen why do you use them :P

4xC

Someone definitely submitted a CS map that had a CRPL designed like a terp that could build terrain on void one cell by one.
C,C,C,C

Lost in Nowhere

I'm pretty sure that was Planetfall.
Don't die! :)

Flash1225

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on January 04, 2015, 05:33:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that was Planetfall.
Yeah, he also had missile launchers that (I know this from experience) not only do the missiles destroy the target, but it lowered the terrain immediately around it by a level. If the target was on level 1 terrain, it would destroy that bit of land, in other words converting it into void.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.