Custom Map #1608: Pools of Sidon. By: Pastor.Healer

Started by AutoPost, January 15, 2015, 02:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1608: Pools of Sidon

Author: Pastor.Healer
Size: 179x91

Desc:
Goodness... I don't know what to tell you...

stdout

68 downloads and only 6 scores submitted? Challenge accepted!!  ;D

pastor.healer

stdout you played a mean game.  Well done my friend.  :)

stdout

Thank you, PH. It was a really fun map. Replayable.

Helper

Phew!
I had a really hard time getting started, but the finish sure was fun.
Put it on 4x to speed things along, and then never took it off.
Couldn't figure out why my time was so high!
Concur on the 'Replayable'.
Fun stuff.
H

stdout

I restarted numerous times before realizing that
Spoiler
you should nullify every spore tower before trying to build anything!
[close]

Levi

Quote from: Helper on January 15, 2015, 05:05:52 PMPut it on 4x to speed things along, and then never took it off.

This is pretty much how I play everything, and my times reflect it.  Beating the clock isn't much on my mind.

Helper

Quote from: Levi on January 15, 2015, 05:52:01 PM
Beating the clock isn't much on my mind.

Concur - although I would like to beat PH for once.
;D

Quote from: stdout on January 15, 2015, 05:25:44 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Yeah - I figured that out the hard way on my many restarts. I think I got tired of waiting for Reactors to build and kicked it into high gear, then paused for a couple hours while I did some other stuff. By the time I got back, I'd forgotten about the 4x. Dumb!

pastor.healer

So funny Helper!  The only reason I get decent scores is because of how many maps I have played.  I think I just passed 3,576,223,001

:)

stdout

I play in 2x every time but I pause a lot. I find that on my computer, 2x plays faster than 4x for some reason. 4x is choppy and feels sluggish. 2x just feels perfect.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: stdout on January 15, 2015, 05:25:44 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Actually, you don't need to.

Spoiler
I dropped my nodes on three of the four collections of towers and nullified them.  I used the PZs to defend against the last ones and took them out with a guppy.
[close]

From looking at the times there must be some more sane solution.  It was an eternity building up a base that could take out one of the patches, although I had killed all but the 4 corner nests and one in the south.  Somehow, just after success my other two bases got wiped, I didn't see what happened to them--there was creep all over the west side of the map, I don't know what it was from.  I had just enough cleared space to rebuild, this time without the eternal stuns.  From that point on it went reasonably.

DylanIs

Hi all.  Since at the moment my time is quite a bit faster, I thought I would share my little strategy to deal with those ridiculous runners...

Spoiler

The runners are only dangerous when they pop.  You can build nullifiers with guppies but disarm the nullifier so it does not detonate.  However, they take longer to build because the runners keep zapping them.  Use a forge to get your packet speed up to around 10 and you can brute force them out despite the zapping.  After I took care of spore towers, I built about 3 or 4 guppies around each node and send them out to build nullifiers all over map.  After they are all built just arm them all at once and watch in awe!
[close]

BTW... really enjoying the community maps.  Hope my tip doesn't ruin the fun for Pastor.Healer.

pastor.healer