CS CRPL Ideas

Started by Shockblast DX, May 30, 2016, 08:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shockblast DX

Anyone have ideas on something to put into a custom map?

I do:

Orbit
This mode makes the CN/CNs move in a specific pattern, and you must fight the Creeper using the required one collector (maybe more), and all the techs available to you.

Any ideas are alright, as long as it's appropriate.

Builder17

I don't know , do you mean this , but particles could be used in PAC maps and sleeper maps also IMO , if lag isn't then too bad.  :-\

Qwerty Quazo

I just thought a crazy stupid dumb idea:

Play as Sleeper.

Now you will think I am crazy stupid dumb too.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

Builder17

Play as sleeper isn't bad idea , but it's very hard to made , also it's not new idea.   :)

https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=19941.msg140550#msg140550

And maybe also somewhere else...  ???

Qwerty Quazo

Oh I didn't see that, thanks.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

Shockblast DX

Wait a minute...

PAC against an Anti-Sleeper (a Sleeper that uses AC instead).

Nicant

Quote from: Shockblast DX on May 31, 2016, 04:54:21 PM
Wait a minute...

PAC against an Anti-Sleeper (a Sleeper that uses AC instead).
I tempted that idea, it is very hard as the sleeper uses digitalis for the health, not creeper.
CW4 hype!!

Shockblast DX

Then come up with a Anti-Digitalis or something.

J

Quote from: Shockblast DX on May 31, 2016, 05:38:46 PM
Then come up with a Anti-Digitalis or something.
True anti-digi is impossible with the available crpl commands (unless you take over the entire creeper movement).

The use of digitalis is because it's part of the normal game which makes player units fire at it. The solution is much simpler: don't use digitalis at all, there are no player units that need to shoot at it. Health can then be stored in a variable as it only needs to check the creeper underneath it.

I once said I was going to do the PAC vs Sleeper mode, but I guess I won't be able to finish it anytime soon (or even start with it).

Shockblast DX

You can't do a PAC vs. Sleeper if both use Creeper. One needs to use AC. Otherwise, it just doesn't work.

GoodMorning

Sleeper uses Digi for health, largely. PaC uses Digi on your side.

PaS or SvS would be interesting, but Digi destruction would be useful there.

CvS would need to fight the AC Sleeper, otherwise the Digi destruction could be exploited.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Builder17

What will then be difference in ACsleeper and abraxis other than sleeper is more aggressive when fighting?  ???

And Creeper versus sleeper could be laggy combination...  :(

GoodMorning

CvS wouldn't be a network-based opponent, but a Creeper-based one.

I'd quite like to see a SvS, which might be able to drop the Digi workaround. ACTerps would be Digi-layers.
Still, it might end up like a PaAC map. (Which might be good... kill Digi under AC, and use AC Spores...)

Shockblast DX

Talking about all this made me think that if you did a SvS map, both could use Creeper, but CRPL is used around the map creating a Sleeper-used AC Turret. That way, you need to use that to win.

GoodMorning

I favour the idea of a player-controlled Sleeper, where neither side is hurt by Digi.

Also, have you ever tried restoring the original function of Digi? (Creeper containment/redirection)
It can produce some very interesting maps. Especially mazes.