Custom Map #1097: Collapse. By: Polygone

Started by AutoPost, September 02, 2014, 12:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1097: Collapse

Author: Polygone
Size: 128x84

Desc:
The world is nearly entirely blocked off. Given precious little space and creeper digging it's way towards you, can you survive?

ljw1004

I loved this map! Such an original idea! I loved the feeling of cramped tension at the start of the game.

Linden

I can't blimmin' do it! I'm such a noob. :( Great idea though, I'm just useless!

Karsten75

Quote from: Linden on September 06, 2014, 12:58:07 PM
I can't blimmin' do it! I'm such a noob. :( Great idea though, I'm just useless!

Think of it as a puzzle. Bear in mind that guppies can fly and that you can have extraordinary long connections from relays and especially collectors placed on PZs - in addition, nullifiers on PZs have a nice range boost. Even stuff like the CN can maybe move slightly to make more room for bulkier permanent structures.

planetfall

And here I thought every (non-CRPL) game type had been done to death. Awesome map!
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

speef

Cool map. I actually disliked playing it (I felt a little bit like I was trapped in a little box waiting for the creeper to eat me!).  It made me restart twice and figure out what I did wrong, which is high praise for any map.

The end-game difficulty fell off sharply- maybe something could be tweaked to make the middle and finish a bit harder.

Overall, top map. Nice job!

Linden

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 06, 2014, 01:22:30 PM
Quote from: Linden on September 06, 2014, 12:58:07 PM

Think of it as a puzzle. Bear in mind that guppies can fly and that you can have extraordinary long connections from relays and especially collectors placed on PZs - in addition, nullifiers on PZs have a nice range boost. Even stuff like the CN can maybe move slightly to make more room for bulkier permanent structures.

Thanks for the tips, Karsten! They're gratefully appreciated. :)

(My son got me into CW3 and I've played it more than he has. :D)

Tero

Wow what brilliant puzzle map!  Took me three tries to get started.  Target selection and priority is key.
I respect those who quote me the least.