Custom Map #437: Sheep Mountain Fog. By: mopa42

Started by AutoPost, April 16, 2014, 12:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #437: Sheep Mountain Fog

Author: mopa42
Size: 125x125

Desc:
Fog covers this mountainous landscape - more caustic than pea soup and chunkier than smog. It only retreats before aggressive attack. Or, well, any expansion at all. Nobody's stayed long enough at this planet to really try. You have two bases to start with. Don't lose both! Command nodes, power zones, and actived totems have higher viewing range into the fog. This #Fog of War is made from 5x5 blocks with my second-generation #CRPL logic. Terrain modeled on a real-life peak called Sheep Mountain.

Helper

Always a nice surprise to see someone come up with a different angle on a map.
This was frustrating initially - wandering around trying to figure out what the heck was going on - but a lot of fun to work through.
Players need to be careful at the start, save often, and be prepared to re-start.
Really nice work - thank you.
H

Loren Pechtel

How are people doing fast runs here???

And, please, the fog should uncover on the diagonals as well.  Given the granularity of the fog I found myself repeatedly having to maneuver square by square to get where I was going because nearly adjacent but diagonal spots sometimes were still shrouded in fog.

Helper

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on May 08, 2014, 07:59:29 PM
How are people doing fast runs here???

Don't over-think it. It is still a basic CW game. Focus on building power and defense at first, then move to join the two CN's, then expand your visibility with Cannons and Mortars. It is slower going because you can't build your network leading with Collectors.