Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #214: Mars

Author: bigbuddy2932
Size: 256x156

Desc:
Based off of the real geography of Mars

mykael

Slow slog, with several things done for no reason other than to slow the game down...

Oh, and the creeper got one of the Berthas when I played it.

teknotiss

Quote from: mykael on February 12, 2014, 10:12:07 PM
Slow slog, with several things done for no reason other than to slow the game down...

??? :o did you look at the scores?
i got 8 mins in one run through with no real effort, Helper had 5 something and ea3401 squeezed a minute off Helpers score. (if i can be bothered to replay i know i can do >5 mins, just not that bored yet, other maps still to play)
this map is an options map, with one option being to play slow and sloggy, and another to land all CN's by the spore towers below the berthas and kill em, then build reactors on the powerzones and you can just rock up the Inhibitor and kill it!
i'm all for contructive criticism of the maps released, but that criticism has to be legit, and in this case it isn't. if the fastest time on map is 1 hour plus then it's just a slog, if it's 4:37.2 it's a speed monkey map ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

bigbuddy2932

Quote from: teknotiss on February 13, 2014, 11:55:41 AM

i got 8 mins in one run through with no real effort, Helper had 5 something and ea3401 squeezed a minute off Helpers score. (if i can be bothered to replay i know i can do >5 mins, just not that bored yet, other maps still to play)
this map is an options map, with one option being to play slow and sloggy, and another to land all CN's by the spore towers below the berthas and kill em, then build reactors on the powerzones and you can just rock up the Inhibitor and kill it!
i'm all for contructive criticism of the maps released, but that criticism has to be legit, and in this case it isn't. if the fastest time on map is 1 hour plus then it's just a slog, if it's 4:37.2 it's a speed monkey map ::)
<3

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: teknotiss on February 13, 2014, 11:55:41 AM

I thought of a preemptive strike on the spore towers but I didn't think of using them to provide enough power to actually stay alive up there.