Custom Map #967: Dark Matter. By: Dimava

Started by AutoPost, July 31, 2014, 02:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #967: Dark Matter

Author: Dimava
Size: 123x90

Desc:
A test of Dark Beam. Beam is the most powerful weapon from CW2. It appears only in the last level. Beam destroys everything on its path, except terrain, which it can not pass. #CRPL #Experimental #DarkBeam

DestinyAtlantis

Here is a stupid question. How do i fire/switch modes?  :-[

Dimava

Click gun to switch mode, connect it with collector/relay to turn on.

DestinyAtlantis

Doesn't work for me, that was one of the first things i tried. Btw, what is that green bar bellow it? It seems to be slowly filling up.
Oh and connecting it is actually the first thing that i do (collector network), it charges with about 10-20 packets (not really sure how many), but doesn't fire. Do i need to terp the path in front of it to be the same height or something?
Oh, and sorry if i sound ungrateful/rude.

Helper

@Dimava - nice concept & fun game.
Will give it another go.

@Destiny - I put the first Collector right up against the top the Dark Beam tower and it started firing almost immediately.
H

Tobimoe

I have the same problem. Beam dont work for me. The Mirrors and the green Nest work.

radd

Works for me fine.
Perhaps the problem is that when the beam comes on, it is about the same color as the terrain so you don't see it worklng until it is slicing through creeper.

Also, when you first start, there bits of terrain in front of it and it needs a bit of time to "break out" from there.

DestinyAtlantis

Sorry, it doesn't work for me, i even terped those blocks in front of it to terrain height 1 (the same it is on), also there is a green bar bellow it that slowly fills, and when the timer reaches 5 minutes, it dissapears (note that my base is long over-run by that time).
Actually the only thing that it does when i press on it, is taking some packets, about 10 i think, but i may be wrong

Helper

mzimmer74

Fantastic job on this.  It's great to see the Dark Beam again!
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

teknotiss

Great CRPL! :o (said like the Doc in back to the future's "Great Scott!")
i'm nicking this one too!
cheers Dimava, nice work!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Relli

I wanted to see if I could figure out the trouble people were having with the Beam not firing, but I had no trouble at all. It seems to have a bit of ammo to start off with, because even without connecting it the Beam fired enough to break out of its little spot. Then it stopped shortly after until I charged it back up. Which worked fine as well. I built a collector and it charged, and then fired. Exactly as it should have done. Switching modes worked. The beam-mode wasn't a constant stream, 'cuz I wasn't giving it enough energy to sustain. I forgot to try the mirrors, but no one seemed to be having any trouble with that.

I guess my recommendation is the same as Helper's. Check to make sure you guys are on the latest version. Maybe restart the map and watch the beam carefully, in case the little black pulses are just hard to see. It breaks the terrain in front of itself very quickly, so that should be noticeable.

PS: Nice work on the Dark Beam, even if some people are having trouble. I was thinking of making this myself, but it would have been months and months away. I guess if I still make it, I'll have to try to one-up you somehow :P I guess we'll see. Truly, great work.

Edward

That is really well done. Worked for me (2.08). At first things got hectic as the creeper just flooded in and I was still trying to collect a large amount of power for the darn thing. But I managed.

I noticed that sometimes when I add a mirror the beam or pulses don't go the new path immediately. Guess it could be the speed of my computer (things got very slow as more beams were made).

However, I do see potential in this. Trying to create a few maps myself and had ideas for a laser. Mind if I use your code? Will credit you.

/Edward

teknotiss

hey dude, feel free to use anyones codes :)
they are technically the property of KC, but V has an open policy to reusing scripts!
and yes it's nice if you give credit, well at least try to if you can't remember who it was made it ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus