can i get a mass driver?

Started by teknotiss, January 28, 2014, 05:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

written for me (and everyone) of course?
what i'd like is a mapper placeable non-moving unit that requires 1+ energy per frame and has an ammo requirement of 10,000 energy (maybe more, dunno yet) that allows the player to target an AoO Mass effect anywhere on the map. perhaps having the same footprint as the forge?
anyone fancy having a crack at that?
and do we have an official requests thread/sticky? if so i missed it. :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

knucracker

In build 169 I added a CRPL api for firing an AoO.

For instance:

FireAoo("MASS" <-x <-y)

So that might be useful for a meteor shower type thing, or a random gift, etc.

What you describe sounds like you basically want a core that will convert 10000 energy into a Mass AoO that you can fire.  As in it adds one to the cache of AoO on your orbital menu.  Once there, you can fire it whenever and wherever you want.  It would be the same as picking up an AoO from the map.

For tomorrow's build I can maybe add apis for creating on the map AoO's that you can pick up and for just gifting AoO totals to your cache...  I'd have done it for build 169 but ran out of time today.

thepenguin

FireAoo("MASS" RandCoords) 150 delay

World War I.

Almost an interesting concept.  CW3 Trench Warfare (of course the bombardment would have to be contained within no-man's land).

Watch out for that creeper gas.
We have become the creeper...

teknotiss

i shall have a poke about i guess, i was thinking like a bertha, but V's method is simpler and uses game mechanics sanely :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

kwinse

Well if you still want a cannon you could always use an ICBM type thing- create a missile, AscendToOrbit it, then FireAoo.