Custom Map #181: Creeper Unlimited. By: Dragon Star

Started by AutoPost, January 31, 2014, 06:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #181: Creeper Unlimited

Author: Dragon Star
Size: 128x84

Desc:
Expect a lot of creeper and spores. Thank you.

Helper

Your game looks interesting, but I've decided to not even try large games with no Totems or Aether. They invariably turn into a slogging match with underpowered weapons trying to battle through thick Creeper/Enemies.
H

Grayzzur

Agreed. I played it. It was a horrible slog. Once you establish your base and get enough energy/beams that the spores aren't an issue and you have the digitalis at bay, pushing forward is very, very slow. You've won at that point, but it takes a really long time. The totems don't have to be in easy reach, but one or two out in the islands and two or three more on the west bank of the big island would make this a much more enjoyable map.
Spoiler
TIP: Destroy the Bertha and put a Beam on the PZ until you have things under control. Then rebuild the Bertha later.
[close]
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Helper

Quote from: Grayzzur on February 01, 2014, 11:14:41 AM
The totems don't have to be in easy reach, but one or two out in the islands and two or three more on the west bank of the big island would make this a much more enjoyable map.
Spoiler
TIP: Destroy the Bertha and put a Beam on the PZ until you have things under control. Then rebuild the Bertha later.
[close]

#188 is exactly as you describe.

@Dragon Star - I hope you will continue creating maps, and keep in mind that most players seem to prefer maps that take somewhere around 20-30 minutes.
The maps I like most take some careful decision making in the first couple of minutes to survive, options for me to choose on how to set up the attack, and a quick close if I've played the second phase properly.
H