The new Colonial Space graphic

Started by Grauniad, January 01, 2014, 09:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the new graphic for Colonial Space?

Yes
17 (73.9%)
No
4 (17.4%)
Meh
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Grauniad

In Beta 1.51 the graphic image for entry to colonial space got updated. This is the new image.

Do you like the new graphic image or did you prefer the old graphics (it had the same appearance as the graphics for Arc Eternal, Tormented Space, Prospector Zone, Projects and Alpha Sector.

Comments welcome.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

having only seen it on that pic, i like it, very galactic looking, but it might make the others look a bit boring  :)

edit: spelling  ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Clean0nion

I think it should be a smaller version of the solar system that is below it, with orbiting things and planets, except clicking anything takes you to CS.

thepenguin

It makes me think that the other 5 icons should have different pictures as well.
We have become the creeper...

Clean0nion

Another idea: Make the void background twice or three times as wide by adding more instead of stretching it, and have it loop like a map texture. Then slowly move it to the right or left, at a couple of pixels per second.

Asbestos

The new graphic is a little too big and it covers up some of the Colonial Space title, but I like it.

Wheatmidge

I don't really like the new icon. As a static image I think it looks a little messy. There is too much going on but it's not actually going on.

I'm not sure if that makes sense.

Kharnellius

Quote from: thepenguin on January 01, 2014, 03:03:34 PM
It makes me think that the other 5 icons should have different pictures as well.
This.