Credits mission bug

Started by Jacobkolstad, December 02, 2013, 03:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacobkolstad

Bug in the credits mission.

Michionlion

It may be helpful if you provide more specific information, such as what exactly happened, what you were doing at the time, and your computer specs.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

Please attach a save game to this thread for Virgil to look at.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Jacobkolstad

Quote from: Grauniad on December 02, 2013, 09:29:47 AM
Please attach a save game to this thread for Virgil to look at.
It don't exist anymore, this was an copy of credits so I could mess with the CRPL. But I had not done anything yet when this happpened.

Grauniad

What happened? You still haven't explained what the bug is. All I can see is that the FOW is not present, but is that the issue?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Clean0nion

I think it's that the trophy isn't there.

Lost in Nowhere

As for the lack of fog, I'm pretty sure that the code just disables it while in the world editor.
As far as I can see, the bug is the bullets going through walls.
Don't die! :)

Jacobkolstad

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on December 03, 2013, 09:51:04 AM
As for the lack of fog, I'm pretty sure that the code just disables it while in the world editor.
Exactly.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Jacobkolstad on December 04, 2013, 05:18:53 AM
Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on December 03, 2013, 09:51:04 AM
Exactly.
The bullets are only going through the door, which is a CRPLcore. They do that anyway and there's not really any practical way to stop it.

Michionlion

The only reason why it does that is because there is no fog, which stops you from doing that...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

slayer

Shots will also go through walls, however, the effect is intermittent.

It might be due to the lack of fog, but earlier comments had blamed the shooting through doors on it being a CRPLcore.

As you can see in the attached image bullets go right through some walls.

Slayer

knucracker

This is kinda sorta working as designed....
When there is fog it is hard to know where to click to fire.  But you can click to fire anywhere on the map.  Bullets get faster the further they travel, so at long range they can hop significant distances between game updates.  So if you position everything right, you can shoot through walls.  It is much harder to pull off when there is fog because it is hard to know where to stand to get a long run of shots.

I originally limited the range that you could click in to fire shots, but I took that out before shipping the game since it was the credits mission and I figured and egg or two with strange side effects might not be to bad (and this is one of these side effects).