CW3 Request: Right-click to Cancel (among other things)

Started by Csimbi, December 18, 2013, 06:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Csimbi

CW3, v110

I'm done with the first two maps, so I'd like to express my general discomfort for having to search for and click on the 'Cancel' button - and other things.

I'd like to request that the mouse right-click would function as 'Cancel' everywhere in the game - no matter when I right-click.
E.g. It would deselect currently selected units, unselect currently selected building blueprint (selected for building), etc.

Thanks!

PS.
The big red 'Continue' button (when the mission ends) is too far off in the top right corner (try very high resolutions!).
Any chance to move it to the middle? Not everyone wants to submit scores, you know.
Thanks!

PS2.
The ESC key should close all dialogs (you acquired this and that, settings, etc.).
Thanks for fixing!

PS3.
I did not find the keys to set groups (CTRL+1-9 to set, 1-9 to recall, etc.).
It was there earlier. Is it planned?
Thanks!

teknotiss

if you look in the settings option in the main menu (or the menu in a game) there is a option for "keys" in there you can see all the current hotkeys and set new ones that you may prefer.
i set right click to cancel and middle/roller button to map scroll personally
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Csimbi

Much obliged, thanks.
Right-click solved - set to 'Cancels'; I set middle button to 'Moves map'.
Loving it.
One down, a few more to go.

I thought these would be the defaults - most strategy games use these at least.

I also noticed that ESC does not take you backwards in the menus, either (summary to system view, system view to main menu).

teknotiss

i'm not sure but i think i saw something about esc being unsupported in unity, i think V or G are the ones who'd know though, happy to help  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Csimbi

J

Instead of ESC, try SPACE for closing dialogs (I mostly do this when I do NOT want to close it...)

Kingo

ESC unsupported? That seems strange... are you sure about that?

teknotiss

Quote from: Kingo on December 20, 2013, 10:38:38 PM
ESC unsupported? That seems strange... are you sure about that?

i did say "i not sure" i may well be mistaken on that, and trying to find a thread with an inexact search that may not even exist is tricky, hence the not sure qualifier  ::)  :D

Clean0nion