Main Menu

CW3 Fonts

Started by Clean0nion, December 10, 2013, 12:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clean0nion

A few questions about the fonts used in the game:
What font is used for the title text "Creeper World"? http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/images/cw3logo.png
What font is used for the title text "Arc Eternal"? http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/images/cw3logo.png
What font is used for the text used in SetText, conversation and on the main menu?
What font is used for the text used in SetPopupText and on the main menu when you mouse over things?
What font is used for the text "PLANETARY SHIELD LOCKED!" and "CALIBRATING PLANETARY SCANNERS..."?
What font is used for the Knuckle Cracker logo? http://knucklecracker.com/common/images/forumLogo.png

Thanks in advance to all who are willing and able to provide this information. I ask only because I like to make banners for my maps and it's nice to have a CW3 theme for a CW3 map banner posted on the CW3 forums for the game CW3.

Jacobkolstad

I am very sure many of them are pictures and not fonts.

Grayzzur

They may be pictures in the game resources, but I bet actual fonts were used to create those images in the first place.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Kingo

A process I do to create text images (like the banners mentioned) is to type text in a text editor (usually notepad) and take a screenshot of it with Snipping tool. Then I crop out the window borders and open it up in MS Paint (my favorite image editor) to do what I want to it.
I am thinking maybe that was what was done here? Not even the best artist could draw the letters symmetrically.

Michionlion

Kingo, there are better image editors than MS Paint.  And also, draw letters pixel-by-pixel and you can make great fonts.  I personally love doing that! :D
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Kingo

Quote from: Michionlion on December 11, 2013, 10:29:31 PM
Kingo, there are better image editors than MS Paint.  And also, draw letters pixel-by-pixel and you can make great fonts.  I personally love doing that! :D

I am aware that there are plenty of free image editors out there, but I feel the most comfortable with MS Paint.
Drawing letters pixel by pixel sounds painstaking... I am not really an artist, more a programmer.
Anyways, I think we'll get this thread locked if we stay on this tangent.

Grayzzur

Take a look at Paint.NET. Excellent free replacement (or upgrade) to MS Paint.

You can bypass the text editor and play with text/fonts directly in your image file, as it has layers like Photoshop or GIMP.

I'd like to know what fonts were used to make the game screens, too.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Clean0nion

For those who wanted to know:

Kingo

Quote from: Clean0nion on December 14, 2013, 02:33:20 PM
For those who wanted to know:

Thanks... that will be an excellent resource for me!