Bug Blurry Sprites

Started by kwerboom, November 12, 2013, 05:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwerboom

Greetings. I would like to complain about a bug in my version of Creeper World 3. As you can see from the attached image, my game has blurry sprites. I've seen YouTube videos showing the ships and other sprites clearly. Is this because I'm using a resolution of 1920x1080? Or is it because I have an ATI HD 4870 1GB graphics card instead of something newer?

I really do enjoy Creeper World 3 as much as I loved Creeper World 1. I would just like to be able to see Creeper World 3 as clearly as I see Creeper World 1 with my computer if that is possible.

Grayzzur

Someone else reported a similar issue with an ATI (or AMD) video card. See if the post for Low resolution buildings helps you out.

Short version: Update your graphics drivers and make sure there isn't a setting in the Catalyst Control Center that's overriding the game's quality settings.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Grauniad

If that does not help, we need more info.

We need to know a bunch of technical details. Easiest is to install Piriform Speccy. Run it and choose File -> Save As Text File. Remember where you saved the output.

Attach that file to a post here by clicking on the below where you type text to create a post here.

Also attach the game log file. Open Windows Explorer (the file icon, not the Internet). You can find it by clicking on Start and then typing Windows Explorer in the Search field. Once you have Explorer open, type this exactly as it is in the Address bar at the top.

%appdata%\CreeperWorld3

Look for a file named log.txt.  Attach it to your post as well.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

kwerboom

Well, you were right, it was my graphics card settings. My card is a legacy DirectX 10.1 card, so drivers are as up-to-date as AMD will ever let them be. That being said, within the "Catalyst Control Center" under "Gaming"->"3D Application Settings" there is the "Mipmap Detail Level". Setting that to 'high' changes everything and makes the game look great. Thank you for your help.

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon