Fog of war?

Started by frozenedge, November 08, 2013, 03:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frozenedge

How difficult would it be to make a crpl script that creates a fog of war which:
1) Limits firing and building within line of sight.
2) Hides creeper/spores within the fog.
3) Berthas would have limited line of sight and rely on other units to scout
4) Line of sight is affected by terrain height.

Would someone be able to make a CRPL script for all of that?

J

I guess 3 is impossible to do with crpl. The best thing you can do is hope V will add fog of war as a feature in an update. You can remove sight from the player just by drawing something over it. And now I think of it, where the player can't see anything, manually handle creeper so the player can't target it (store and move creeper in a crpl script and remove it from the terrain).

Clean0nion

Quote from: J on November 08, 2013, 03:49:36 AM
I guess 3 is impossible to do with crpl. The best thing you can do is hope V will add fog of war as a feature in an update. You can remove sight from the player just by drawing something over it. And now I think of it, where the player can't see anything, manually handle creeper so the player can't target it (store and move creeper in a crpl script and remove it from the terrain).
What would be used to scout? If it was just placing towers and discovering more area, you wouldn't even need a script to store creeper data - just hide it.

frozenedge

I was thinking of using aerial units to scout out the map but looking back on it now i don't think fog of war would affect gameplay very much as it only makes energy usage tighter only when you are moving to higher ground.

Grauniad

The credits mission has a FoW of a kind. It also limits the firing range of the little guy walking around.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon