Play as Creeper Building

Started by PrinceofToys, April 06, 2015, 04:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrinceofToys

Hello

i tried a few PAC Maps but i cant build anything except Digitalis and the Arrow but with this i cant beat the maps. How do I build Spores and Creeper Spawns ?
Maybe i am just too stupid.

Sincerely

(if this is the wrong forum, pls put it in the right)

Lost in Nowhere

To build anything on PAC maps, you need a powerzone with live digitalis in the center of it.
Don't die! :)

stdout

While playing, press the letter H to access the in-game help. It'll explain everything.

mzimmer74

I put together a bit of a guide and you can find it at http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17572.msg124848.  It's a little outdated since the PAC has evolved since then but it should help you to get started.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

PrinceofToys

hbarudi

I like this new idea of being able to play as the creeper, but many maps have berthas that become very difficult to do. Many have 2 berthas on autofire, but 1 extremely hard map has lots of power zone berthas on autofire, and also have thors, when they are built, how are we supposed to be the creeper and defeat all that when the power zone berthas get built quickly while trying to get the main island? I'll post a comment there. also there is another map with a theme that starts with an unusual spore tower and has no power zones, but they say it has hidden power zones, so how to play that map?

mzimmer74

Quote from: hbarudi on April 09, 2015, 10:25:22 PM
I like this new idea of being able to play as the creeper, but many maps have berthas that become very difficult to do. Many have 2 berthas on autofire, but 1 extremely hard map has lots of power zone berthas on autofire, and also have thors, when they are built, how are we supposed to be the creeper and defeat all that when the power zone berthas get built quickly while trying to get the main island? I'll post a comment there. also there is another map with a theme that starts with an unusual spore tower and has no power zones, but they say it has hidden power zones, so how to play that map?
I'd recommend getting familiar by playing the "easier" maps first.  There is a great post at http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17788.0 that shows a rough guess as to how hard each map is.  Other than that, there are a couple of things you can do to minimize berthas.  First, spread digitalis EVERYWHERE.  The more digitalis you have, the less a single shot from a bertha will wipe out your progress.  Second, "tempt" the berthas.  If you are struggling with moving forward, make sure you have a large pile of creeper for it to focus on outside of where you are trying to advance.  This can be done with emitters or with a spore targeting a smaller place.

I'm assuming you are talking about one of the Xeos maps called The Godfather.  I'd suggest reading the posts at http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=18124.0 to figure out what to do.

Good luck.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

hbarudi

Just finished said maps, but there are many others that simply put you in a stalemate like take the castle, and queen anabelle (artistic map) while others cover the whole map with anticreeper, there were times where I had lots of anticreeper under my digitalis, and eventually if they nullify something they can rebuild while I am focusing, otherwise finally we can play as the creeper!