Custom Map #885: The Death of Aliana Abraxis - Part Two

Started by AutoPost, February 24, 2012, 08:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

teknotiss

not good i'm afraid.
firstly i like stories in map series!
but 20 pages is too much for the intro to the map.
and if you are talking about Aliana's uncle (p4) it would be "Her uncle" not "His uncle"
now the map...
really 1 Phantom coil and non-stop phantoms?
and 1 blaster? and an exposed 200k emitter? if you are going to start with such an agressive start why bother with the prebuilt generators
one serious threat at the start is usually enough.
clearly a lot of effort went into this, so well done there, i just found this map messy and un-fun.
liked the 1st death of map and liked the fun run map so make more!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

florrat

I actually liked the map. I have to admit I didn't read the story, and the map looked afwul at the beginning, but actually the gameplay was quite nice. I liked the fact that you had to hold so much phantoms with just 1 phantom coil. At first I didn't look forward to eliminating the 20hp emitter, but then I realized this map was acquisition, and I just capped op the emitter with blaster+mortar+2 makers, and then cleared all creeper below with a couple more makers.

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: florrat on December 04, 2012, 09:24:14 AM
I actually liked the map. I have to admit I didn't read the story, and the map looked afwul at the beginning, but actually the gameplay was quite nice. I liked the fact that you had to hold so much phantoms with just 1 phantom coil. At first I didn't look forward to eliminating the 20hp emitter, but then I realized this map was acquisition, and I just capped op the emitter with blaster+mortar+2 makers, and then cleared all creeper below with a couple more makers.

I did the same thing... of course when this map came out I initially ignored it. But the game play is interest and fun.