Custom Map #2514: The Question

Started by AutoPost, September 29, 2013, 09:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2514: The Question

Author: Lost in Nowhere

Desc:
Should you go for the resources, or just grab the capsules and run?

Lost in Nowhere

Out of 60 people, I'm the only one who has taken more than 30 seconds, yet I have the third highest score.
Apparently nobody has found the way that I designed it (or have just been unable to execute it properly)...
Don't die! :)

teknotiss

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on September 30, 2013, 09:28:09 PM
Out of 60 people, I'm the only one who has taken more than 30 seconds, yet I have the third highest score.
Apparently nobody has found the way that I designed it (or have just been unable to execute it properly)...

or don't care to play it the way you made it!  ::)
did you consider many players may not want to play such a map, and when they see what is required they just grab the capsules and move onto the next map?
personally i find the hold out as long as possible idea dull, i'd play CW1 if i wanted that. i prefer to have maps that i can win, so i played this map the same as most, grabbed capsules and left.
just so you know why many people didn't apply themselves, they just want to play maps they can win.
still make some more maps, just not hold out style for my preference.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

fitz

Quote from: teknotiss on October 01, 2013, 10:03:22 AM
so i played this map the same as most, grabbed capsules and left.

although some grabbed the capsules and left faster than others  ;D

teknotiss

Quote from: fitz on October 01, 2013, 10:45:30 AM
Quote from: teknotiss on October 01, 2013, 10:03:22 AM
so i played this map the same as most, grabbed capsules and left.

although some grabbed the capsules and left faster than others  ;D
well yes  ::) that's my point isn't it?.
i guess i should have clicked a few other things though, ah well so it goes  ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

WiseSage

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on September 30, 2013, 09:28:09 PM

I'm really interested what did you mean, though some details are hinted.

This is how I played:

CENTRAL CROSS: 3 repulsors, launcher, maker (and 2 nullifiers).
RIGHT WING: +Weapon Range, 1 launcher, 5 blasters,  3 repulsors, 2 makers
BOTTOM LEFT: that dig site with 1024Hp drones beyond it made me somewhat nervous, so I tried to stop the flood before it reaches "the loose brick". 3 launchers and 5 blasters were enough...
LEFT WING: just like the right one. No spores.
BOTTOM TELEPORTATION PIT: coped with 3 blasters and 1 repulsor.

Then I retired.

LEFT BOTTOM PIT: creeper pumps it with terrible speed. I think there must be some way to open loose stone between C/AC emitters and make them "fight". But gates in the group and the top-left gate don't dig (maybe right one does? Don't know, I destroyed it). The only gate that's supposed to dig is "anti-creeper-closed one". But how can i turn anti-creeper off?

LEFT CONSTELLATION PIT. Couldn't enter it with +2 Rate and +2 Range upgrades. Was I supposed to develop +3 tech? Makers don't help.

HIDDEN CREEPER. 100M? No, thanks. I think dozens of launchers sopuld do the trick, but - how many time will it take?