Custom Map #1374: Kokiri Emerald

Started by AutoPost, August 22, 2012, 09:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1374: Kokiri Emerald

Author: Mike19283

Desc:
Ganondorf's evil has spread to the Kokiri forest! Climb the The Great Deku Tree and fight off the Dark Power to retrieve the Kokiri Emerald!

peter

One of the problems with this map is that it takes so long to play that the mind has so long to work out why this map is not really enjoyable.

For me a map need to have some playability, some space for creativity by the end user, some chances to try different ways to play it.  A reason to play it several times to try out different tactics.

This map has none of that.

Therefore I give this map a down vote as it really is quite boring and is a map I will never try again.

SmileyCoder

With no microrifts and no packet speed increase this maps just becomes boring, and slow, and as Peter says there is nothing really that Player A can do different then player B which makes the map boring.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Kilroyinc

After about 40 minutes of play I got too bord watching myself get nowhere fast.  :(  If you are going to make a map this tall at least put in the microrifts to find so the guns don't run out of ammo waiting on packets to arrive.

teknotiss

well it's not a bad map, you just have to be really aggressive.
i was throwing groups of 20 blasters into the rooms once i had the access secure, and i was non-stop building more to throw in after them. and keep pushing forwards! i played this one 5 times, i think, before i got a decent (>25mins) time.
some maps favour slow, careful play, others want speed and aggression.
i give this map a 7/10. (microrifts would have been nice, but anyone who wants them can add them in the editor and see how hard this map is then.)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

koker93

I am fairly certain the lack of rifts and techs was the point of the map.  It was designed to have a packet path just barely short enough to allow victory.  I think the tower could have been another story taller before emptying into the final chamber to force the use of more kamakazi blasters.  Fun map man, make more.